Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Ordering Boe Bot from Parallax vs distrubutor. — Parallax Forums

Ordering Boe Bot from Parallax vs distrubutor.

Michael FalkovMichael Falkov Posts: 2
edited 2006-02-12 15:40 in Robotics
I'm going to order a USB BOE Bot. I would have ordered it from the Parallax main site, but hesitated due to the expected ship date of Feb 25. I'd like to get started ASAP. Are there any differences in terms of what I get by ordering directly from Parallax vs a distributor? Are there differences in product (newer equipment), more or less extras, or service?

Thanks,
Michael

Comments

• Steve JoblinSteve Joblin Posts: 784
    edited 2006-02-12 15:24
    If it is a "genuine" Parallax product, I am sure it has to be the same...· One thing to consider is the shipping costs...
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2006-02-12 15:40
    I think you will find that the actual product is a package that is not altered. Promotional extras seem to come as separate items. I suspect it is just easier to manage inventory that way. [noparse][[/noparse]Things don't fall out or get forgotten because opening packages is not done].

On the other hand, if you are in some far flung corner of the world [noparse][[/noparse]like me], you might find that someone is holding on to old inventory.

It is easy enough to print out a list of features from the web site and do a comparision with what the box on the shelf says.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.' - Walter Lippmann (1889-1974)

······································································ Warm regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan