Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
eb500 programming problem — Parallax Forums

eb500 programming problem

HomeSchoolDadHomeSchoolDad Posts: 32
edited 2006-02-13 01:47 in BASIC Stamp
GREETINGS ALL!

I am still trying to get my EB500 talking to my PowerBook with no joy.

I have the EB500 plugged into the BOE and I do not have any other circuits on the board so that I am isolating just the EB500. The stamp is the BS2pe.

The stamp program is attached. It is simple on purpose. I reset it to factory to be sure that I am starting with a known, I then open it up to make sure that I don't have a problem there and then go for the connect. I get an error 2 every time:

=====< clip output from stamp program >=======
Bluetooth Development Program
Resetting radio to factory defaults... Done.
Insecure mode...
Set encryption off...
Bluetooth Status:
Bluetooth Address: 00:0C:84:00:0B:11
Connectable mode: on
Encrypt mode: off
Connecting to remote...An error was received: 2
=====< end clip >=======

On the computer end I am programming in the newest release of Java and I am using the newest release of NetBeans for my IDE with the javacomm being supplied by RXTXcomm which I know all works with serial cables. I am using Java because I want to code this application once and have it work in Windows, OS X and Linux without having to maintain 3 different codebases.

When I run the program I get:

=====< clip output from java program >=======
Available port: /dev/tty.eb500-A7SerialPort-1
Available port: /dev/cu.eb500-A7SerialPort-1
Found port: /dev/cu.eb500-A7SerialPort-1
Error - port in use!
=====< end clip >=======

When I run the stamp end I get the popup on the computer where it asks for the passkey. I enter the 0000 default passkey and it accepts it and pairs the device without a problem -- and then I get the error 2.

At this point I think I have a glue problem. It seems that the java end works and the stamp end works --- but that they are not working together.

Even if you don't use java but you have worked this out so that you have the stamp and the computer talking to each other can you please tell me how you did it or what you see here that I am doing incorrectly. Perhaps I am doing something out of sequence or not applying a sequence that is required?

Thank you anyone that can help. I am getting very frustrated with something that seems like it should be more simple than I am making it.

Jeff Brower

Comments