Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PINK modulo working in LAN — Parallax Forums

PINK modulo working in LAN

luisoliverluisoliver Posts: 3
edited 2006-06-10 21:14 in General Discussion
I have any problems for conect the PINK module in LAN network. With "ipsetup.exe" I did·assign IP fixed (87.XXX.XXX.12), mask (255.255.255.0), Gateway (87.XXX.XXX.11) and DNS; but I dont see the index page (http://87.XXX.XXX.12/nb_factory.htm). The PINK·module could work in LAN with Router?
The module work very good with DHCP (192.168.1.4), but i need to acced to pages server·module from other LAN or place. How can I to conect the PINK module in LAN with router?

(Sorry, my english is very bad)

Comments

• stamptrolstamptrol Posts: 1,731
    edited 2006-02-06 12:46
    Luis,
    You have to also make sure your router is set to pass through the HTTP: request to the port that the PINK is attached to. On my D-link, there is a configuration page where I can set the http and ftp passthrough arrangement.

Then, from the web, browse to the gateway address and the router will pass the request through to the PINK.

Regards

Tom
  • luisoliverluisoliver Posts: 3
    edited 2006-02-09 15:17

Hi Stamptrol,

Thank for your answer, but I having problems with the LAN configuration. I dont understand:

-> Configuration router (Comtrend 536) is IP 192.168.1.1 + Gateway 87.217.202.1 (pant_info.gif).

-> Configuration PINK is IP 192.168.1.5 (pant_IPSetup.gif)

-> I configurated NAT/Virtual servers: port 81 (port 80 is used) (pant_NAT.gif)

-> I configurated also NAT/Port Triggering (pant_NAT_port.gif) and NAT/DMZ Host (pant_DMZ.gif)

After, I writing from outside 87.217.202.1 and nothing!

But, I writing into LAN 87.217.202.1 and show the page router, and writing 192.168.1.5 and show the default page PINK.

Help!

Luis Oliver

424 x 341 - 7K
    593 x 281 - 21K
    703 x 298 - 14K
    692 x 289 - 13K
    678 x 188 - 4K
  • Ryan ClarkeRyan Clarke Posts: 738
    edited 2006-02-09 16:39
    I answered this in email:

You can forward external port 81 to internal port 80 (for the IP of the PINK)-

Forwarding 81 to 81 does you no good...

Ryan

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Ryan Clarke
    Parallax Tech Support

RClarke@Parallax.com
  • KB3JJGKB3JJG Posts: 95
    edited 2006-02-09 16:47
    Some other things to note,

1.Some routers do not support loopback (The ability to browse your public ip address from inside your network, you may see your router page but thats about it)

2. When trying to browse to your ip with a port other than 80, you have to append :81 to the ip addy.

kb3jjg
  • luisoliverluisoliver Posts: 3
    edited 2006-02-09 20:02
    Thank Stamptrol, Ryan·& kb3jjg !
    Now my PINK is working very good and I can to accede from outside!·hop.gif
    I assign·"internal port 81" and "external port 80" into NAT especifications. Also, mi ISP did change my public IP and I dont know it!

Thaaaaank very much!

(This forum is very useful and very good)

Luis
    ·
  • knightofoldcodeknightofoldcode Posts: 233
    edited 2006-02-10 10:31
    luisoliver said...
    Thank Stamptrol, Ryan & kb3jjg !
    Now my PINK is working very good and I can to accede from outside! hop.gif

I assign "internal port 81" and "external port 80" into NAT especifications. Also, mi ISP did change my public IP and I dont know it!

Thaaaaank very much!

(This forum is very useful and very good)

Luis

For this problem, you'll want to look into something called, DDNS. It stands for Dynamic DNS (Which actually stands fully for Dynamic Domain Name System). This would allow you to access your PINK with no intervention when your ISP changes your IP. If your router supports it, it's REALLY easy, if it doesn't it can still be done, but a little bit harder to do.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    This message transmitted with 100% recycled electrons.
    -=-=-=-=-=-
    Gravity doesn't exist. The Earth sucks.
    -=-=-=-=-=-
    Make a man a fire, and he will be warm for the night.
    Light the man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
  • Christopher4187Christopher4187 Posts: 1
    edited 2006-06-10 21:14
    I have ready through this enitre post and many others regarding the PINK, but I still can't get it to work correctly. I mean, I can do everything to it I want with the exception of seeing the outside world. I have tried adjusting many settings on my router but it still won't work. The intructions are not very clear as to how to do it (although it's not really a Parallax problem) but is there someone out there who can give me a step by step instruction of how to set up the PINK to be accessed from anywhere in the world? I am using a Netgear router (WRG614) and I can see all of the IP settings. My PINK has an IP address of 192.168.0.12 and I have a cable modem of Motorola SURFboard SBV5120. Can anyone help me with this problem.......by the way, networking isn't my strong point but I am learning quite a bit.

Thanks,

Chris