Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS2e Serial Help — Parallax Forums

BS2e Serial Help

RayfordRayford Posts: 2
edited 2006-02-06 01:01 in BASIC Stamp
Hello I am a newb and am having problems with my BS2e stamp.
First off I am not using a prebuilt board from Parallax to program my stamp, I have it setup on a breadboard with my serial connection to the computer. My problem is that I am having difficulties programming my chip. Most of the time the stamp programs fine but sometimes mainly if I have any LOOPs in my code I have to turn off and turn on (not reset) the stamp then quickly hit the run button for it to program. Is this because I do not have the 2 CAPs hooked up on the serial like what is shown in the manual? If so what type of caps do I need? I have to 0.1uF caps and would like to use them however they appear to be polarity specific (one lead is longer then the other and one lead has a negative printed next to it). Could the polarity specific ones work? If so which way do I hook them up, I couldnt find any diaghrams that showed any polarity.

Thank You

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2006-02-06 01:01
    I've attached our standard programming interface -- you do need to connect the ATN line to the programming port, as this lets the PC gain control of the BASIC Stamp for programming.· We strongly recommend using the caps because some programs put the DTR line (connects to ATN) into a state that will hold the Stamp in reset.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    772 x 583 - 8K