Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Connect a Palmtop to a Basic Stamp — Parallax Forums

Connect a Palmtop to a Basic Stamp

Martin_vLMartin_vL Posts: 18
edited 2006-02-16 10:04 in BASIC Stamp
Hello,

I have a BoE-bot for some time. And now I want to control my BoE-bot with my Palm IIIc.
How do I·connenct my BoE-bot with my Palm IIIc?
And have someone a program for my Palm IIIc or how can I write one?

I am looking forward to your reactions.

Martin
209 x 245 - 10K
800 x 600 - 283K

Comments

• danieldaniel Posts: 231
    edited 2006-02-02 20:07
    I used HotPaw Basic (sometimes called ybasic) to program a Palm III and used the Palm's serial interface cable to the Stamp's programming port to connect the Palm to the Stamp.· The specific robot platform was the Tab Robotics kit.·

My son designed a basic interface for commanding the robot, and I programmed it.· He lost interest (or perhaps it was just last summer comming upon us)·just before we·replaced the serial cable with·the Parallax transceivers for wireless communication.

Google for HotPaw Basic.

Daniel
  • NitrohawkNitrohawk Posts: 17
    edited 2006-02-02 20:30
    I am attempting to do something similar, This guy may / may not be able to point you in the right direction.

http://www.pda-robotics.com/

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Nitrohawk
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2006-02-03 16:20
    I have a Palm 72 Zire. There is a lot more to consider in an interface to the Stamp.

Sadly they did away with the serial interface and it has USB. The Palm III is a great companion for the BasicStamp. Take good care of it and it will really come in handy.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.' - Walter Lippmann (1889-1974)

······································································ Warm regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan
  • Martin_vLMartin_vL Posts: 18
    edited 2006-02-16 09:44
    Daniel

Could you say more about your project. How you connect your palm to a basic stamp? And how programmed the palm?

Martin
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2006-02-16 10:04
    There is actually a book published and a web site or two that discuss Palm III interfaces to microcontrollers. I haven't kept the data because my hardware is different. Try Amazon for 'Palm III - Robot'.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.' - Walter Lippmann (1889-1974)

······································································ Warm regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan