Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Ping scanning question. — Parallax Forums

Ping scanning question.

Dave45Dave45 Posts: 36
edited 2006-02-02 02:38 in Learn with BlocklyProp
I have more questions unfortunately. I've installed the Ping))) adapter kit and the Ping))) sensor. I also downloaded the RoamingWithPing.bs2 file. I'm using the ping and the IR detectors to roam like the program says. I'm using the standard Servo from Parallax.
· When the Servo scans the Ping left it doesn't go a full 90 degrees, when it scans right it goes a little over 90 degrees. It appears to go left about 75 degrees, then center, then right about 75 degrees, then right 110 degrees (that's what it appears anyway). It appears there's 1 step to the left and 2 steps when it goes right. This is·the first standard servo I've used, I didn't want to mess with the servo range for fear of damaging the servo. Can someone tell me what to do to correct this.

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-02-02 02:15
    Not all servos are created equal...The code explains that you need to adjust the PULSOUT values to get the servo into the correct positions.· This will vary, as will the wheel servo values for each person.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • Dave45Dave45 Posts: 36
    edited 2006-02-02 02:17
    Thanks. I understand what your saying. How do I go about finding the limits of the servo without damaging it?
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-02-02 02:38
    Well first of all you should make sure the servo manually turns through the range you want by manually turning it.· Once you're sure it will then you can start experimenting with the values.· They will be close to the ones in there now.· If you try a higher number and it goes the wrong way, try a lower number.· The ranges will be within 200-1200 for a BS2.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com