Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Home Work Board $$? — Parallax Forums

Home Work Board $$?

GotenGoten Posts: 70
edited 2006-02-02 17:09 in BASIC Stamp
i didn't found the price of a Home Work Board.
How much it cost a unit?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Best Regards from Chile

Goten

Comments

• Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2006-01-31 16:45
    Dear Goten,

We sell them only as 10-packs from Parallax.

But your distributor in Chile (Rambal) buys them as 10-packs and sells them individually, so you should contact them to see if you can buy a single HomeWork Board.

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.
  • Charlie JohnsonCharlie Johnson Posts: 147
    edited 2006-01-31 16:49
    You can also get one packaged with the "What's a Microcontroller" from Radio Shack... do not know if they have them in Chile

Charlie
  • GotenGoten Posts: 70
    edited 2006-01-31 17:02
    Thanx for your fast help.

Last few years i have bought many things at Rambal, i also·take a Robotic Course from them. Today i went to Rambal, as you said the Parallax's distributor in Chile, but·i really don't like the service:

1.-· They're the only Robots company on my country, so·they really think that they could do anything.
    2.-··Last week i ask for help, an electronic subject, i'm good costumer and they said that they can not help me, i have to pay if i need some help, and it was a really simple thing. i was asking about hw to control an eletric lock, they said "IT'S A STATE SECRET!"
    3.- Today i went to Parallax they told me that i could buy another product "cube" or something like that, they give me a website to visit (http://www.comfiletech.com/)· and insist on buy the Cube...·i ask for a homework... once again..

bad Service....

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Best Regards from Chile

Goten
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2006-01-31 17:42
    Goten,

Contact our Argentina distributor in Mar Del Plata. Mr. Alvarez provides our products at a very fair price. I'm willing to bet that he could supply whatever you need at a low price. Let me know if you find out otherwise and we'll make alternate plans.

Ar
  • JoeJoe Posts: 184
    edited 2006-02-01 21:17
    Hi, Goten:

I bougth from Rambal and they have a very good service.

Of course, I asked about Basic stamps at Ramal and they have a lot of basic stamps
    and prices are good.

I have a friend in Chile that bought a basic stamp there ( a Home work)
    and they recomend books from Parallax.

Even, they give me some discount because I bough Basic Stamps
    accesories too.

If you want, send me your problem in spanish, your name and e-mail.
    ( I can writte in spanish too)

Bye, Joe
    tongue.gif
  • JoeJoe Posts: 184
    edited 2006-02-02 00:00
    Hi, Goten:

I bougth from Rambal and they have a very good service.

Of course, I asked about Basic stamps at Ramal and they have a lot of basic stamps
    and prices are good.

I have a friend in Chile that bought a basic stamp there ( a Home work)
    and they recomend books from Parallax.

Even, they give me some discount because I bough Basic Stamps
    accesories too.

If you want, send me your problem in spanish, your name and e-mail.
    ( I can writte in spanish too)

Bye, Joe
    tongue.gif
  • Rambal Ltda.Rambal Ltda. Posts: 2
    edited 2006-02-02 15:31
    Hi , Goten:

We don't have any student with your e-mail ( gotenhawk@hotmail.com ) here,
    perhaps you used an other e-mail instead ( gotenhawk@hotmail.com ) when you
    came here.

Important:
    Your complete name will be usefull instead your nick.

About your comments we can say that we usually help our customers for free at our store.
    But of course there is a limit of time because we have more customers that need help.

We use Parallax documentation for help our customers. It is very usefull but you
    need to read and study it for your application.

We had a customer asking about "eletric lock" or something like that a month ago from
    U. de Las Americas. We have customers and very good friends at U. de Las Americas, even we know Mr. Mario
    Albornoz and teachers. ( Are you from U. de Las Americas too ? )

Jose Manuel Teran
    Rambal Ltda.

PS: It seems that your e-mail gotenhawk@hotmail.com is not working properly.
  • GotenGoten Posts: 70
    edited 2006-02-02 15:55
    "We have customers and very good friends at U. de Las Americas, even we know Mr. Mario
    Albornoz and teachers"

Mario Albornoz Died ... it seems that you were really close friends.

"we usually help our customers for free at our store. But of course there is a limit of time because we have more customers that need help"

- That day, i was the only one over there... and when i ask for help for the "eletric Lock" you said "IT'S A STATE SECRET!!" WE CAN "NOT" help you with that.

Get serious!

Anyway... you could ask with "your customers and very good friends at Universidad de Las Americas" about me, last year·i was choosen like one of the best student of the school of engineering at university.

I'm not interested in continuing discussing and less in a forum. Here is my information, if·you want to·talk personally

name: Guillermo Díaz Sanhueza
    e·mail: guillermodiazs@gmail.com·or guillermo_diaz@chile.com

This place is for other things.-

PS: thanks for answer my mail, i'll go to get the products today.

·

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Best Regards from Chile

Goten

Envio editado por (Goten) : 2/2/2006 6:25:26 PM GMT
  • Rambal Ltda.Rambal Ltda. Posts: 2
    edited 2006-02-02 17:09
    Goten:

Es imposible que yo te haya atendido pues he estado de vacaciones por dos semanas y he llegado
    ayer miercoles.

Debo insistir que no eres el unico cliente que tenemos y si no hay otra persona
    en el mostrador, no significa que no estemos atendiendo por correo, telefono, u otro medio.
    ( Y con mayor razon en esta epoca que estamos con el 50% del personal por vacaciones)

No dudo que seas un buen estudiante.

Efectivamente , Mario murio este sabado victima de un cancer.

En todo caso, si no hemos podido atender tus consultas ese dia , espero recibas mis disculpas del caso
    pues debes considerar que dominamos muchos de los productos parallax pero no todos.
    En todo caso puedes ver que Parallax posee abundante bibliografia ( mas que cualquier empresa) y en distintos
    idiomas y siempre podemos recomendarte un libro para que aprendas.

Saludos: Jose Manuel Teran