Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Excel and the BS2 — Parallax Forums

Excel and the BS2

Eric REric R Posts: 225
edited 2006-01-31 01:06 in BASIC Stamp
Trying to figure out this StampDAQ thing and have a few questions.
Looking at the Excel·code:

If chkReset = True Then
··········· stamp.SendData ("22")·· 'Tell Stamp to reset
··········· Exit Sub
······· End If

Can you send a reset command to a BS2? I mean, it works in the StampDaq program but there must be more to it than sending a 22 or is it that simple?

Here is my project:

1 Red Lion MPAXI rate meter connected to a BS2 via RS-232

Currently I am sending a·looped request for the current encoder count and not accepting it until it is greater than 7000 ticks. Upon reaching the tick count I send·a request for the current rate display and resend that to StampDAQ for logging and averaging the rate for the production day. Upon completion I send a reset command to reset the internal counter back to zero and start over again.

This has been working well for a couple of days now but it still requires intervention each morning to reset the system. It would also be nice to transmit the averaged number back to a slave MPAX unit for diplay on the floor.

Here are my questions:

I see as noted above that you can send data to the stamp also.
Would it be safe to assume that I could also send cell data back to the stamp something like,

If Time = xxx Then
··············stamp.SendData J3······· 'Send data from cell J3 to stamp for retransmit to slave display.

And also would it be possible to save a days production as a worksheet and add a new worksheet at a specific time?

I will continue my MSDN search for a solution but until then, i was hoping there might be an Excel guru among us with·some insight.

·