Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS2 Parallel LCD Controller — Parallax Forums

BS2 Parallel LCD Controller

Curtis BrooksCurtis Brooks Posts: 38
edited 2006-01-30 02:31 in BASIC Stamp
Hey everyone, today is my born day and I just turned 32.· My father always tell me that you are once an adult and twice a kid.· That being said, my wife actually (for once) gave me something that I wanted and could use - she allowed me to pick my own B-day gift which will be the StampWorks experimenters kit.· Until then I have been working with my OEM BS2's like crazy.· The support from the community/company for this product is phenomenal.· I have never purchased a product and had people respond so quickly and with respect for knowledge level.·

Okay, enough of the fluff..

I'm designing some development boards for my OEM BS2's that I purchased from Peter Anderson when he used to sell them and I want to have dedicated parallel LCDs on the board.· I want to be able to accept commands from the PC and have the BS2 control the LCD as though it was a serial LCD.·

I know how to interface to the LCD and have the BS2 control it but a little confused on how to have the serin command differentiate between LCD commands and text to be sent to the LCD.

For instance:

···· if I send a command from the PC to clear the display and display "The BS2 is my friend"

how can I setup a routine so that the BS2 would know that the first part is the command and the second half is a string to display?

Also, suppose I just want to send some a command to clear the screen and not output any text, how could I do that?

Thanks in advance,
Curtis

Post Edited By Moderator (Jon Williams (Parallax)) : 1/30/2006 2:01:23 AM GMT

Comments