Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
phone line interface problem — Parallax Forums

phone line interface problem

antonisantonis Posts: 9
edited 2006-01-28 18:04 in BASIC Stamp
i have construct this circuit from bs2 book and i define input pin0 and i have put a relay on pin 1
I wrote the code:

HIGH·1································································' ON HOOK
DTMF 0,[noparse][[/noparse]6,9,7,2,8,9,5,6,1,8]·································· ' CALL 6972-895618 MY MOBILE NUMBER
PAUSE 10000······················································· ' PAUSE 10sec for wait to call
LOW 1································································ ' OFF HOOK
END

I connect this on my phone line and the problem where i have is how· i heared call numbers but the line tone is like i don;t call what i do wrong,
thanks.

[img]mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\Parallax%20Inc\Stamp%20Editor%20v2.2.5\PBASIC.chm::/graphics/daa_sch.gif[/img]

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2006-01-28 17:59
    It's always very tricky connecting directly to a phone line and, in fact, it's not legal without FCC (in the US, anyway) approved equipment -- called a DAA. For your experiments, you might try modifying the DTMF timing so that your "buttons" are being pressed longer; if the line or interface quality is suspect, this will give the receiving end more time to decode the DTMF digit.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-01-28 18:04
    Another thing that could just be mis-worded comments is it says your code putting the phone ON HOOK before dialing.· It should be OFF HOOK or else the line will never get the tones.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com