Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Optical mouse — Parallax Forums

Optical mouse

mrupndownmrupndown Posts: 3
edited 2006-01-30 05:07 in BASIC Stamp
I have a project in mind,·I would like to control a motor based on the movement of an optical mouse. I have designed dumbwaiter and elevator controls with basic stamp and think that this is pretty cool stuff. I want to monitor movement throught the rs232 serial port and possibly even a wireless optical mouse·and provide feedback to a stepper motor or motors based on that input. It would require a mathmatical formula based on X an Y axis to make one inch= one inch diagnally or horizontally. Is this something possible with basic Stamp? Any Suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ron

Comments

• Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2006-01-28 17:36
    Multilabs has a product called ezMOUSE ( http://www.multilabs.net/ezMOUSE.html·) that enables you connect any PS/2 compatible mouse to a stamp (wireless optical or not), they even have sample stamp code for using it.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·1+1=10
  • mrupndownmrupndown Posts: 3
    edited 2006-01-29 00:27
    Thanks alot I will look into that
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2006-01-29 12:27
    Al Williams also has a mouse/keyboard interface that generates the code via RS-232 serial for BS2.
    There are two modes [noparse][[/noparse]raw key data and filtered key data]. That way you can get started with the filtered, later you can use the RAW if you need more sophicticated.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.' - Walter Lippmann (1889-1974)

······································································ Warm regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan
  • mrupndownmrupndown Posts: 3
    edited 2006-01-29 19:08
    Thanks Kramer How would one find out more about it?
  • bennettdanbennettdan Posts: 614
    edited 2006-01-30 02:45
    Hey
    Just a thought you could use one of the new air mouce from gyration the pointer is controlled by the position the controller is in.
    http://www.gyration.com/en-US

Then you could use multilabs unit and have a project that would follow your hand in the air.
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2006-01-30 05:07
    www.al-williams.com

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.' - Walter Lippmann (1889-1974)

······································································ Warm regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan