Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Wireless Basic Stamp — Parallax Forums

Wireless Basic Stamp

KenLemKenLem Posts: 94
edited 2006-01-25 17:17 in BASIC Stamp
Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

I recall seeing a post in here with in the last 30 days from a Parallax employee says that they would annouce some sort of low-cost wireless device for the Basic Stamp around the end of January.· Did I dream that?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
www.speechchips.com

Speech & Video IC's for BasicStamps

Comments

• Steve JoblinSteve Joblin Posts: 784
    edited 2006-01-25 17:01
    There have been several items that Parallax indicated would be released soon (including that)... I am confident that it is not yet ready for release... They are very committed to getting products out as soon as they can!
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2006-01-25 17:12
    We always have lots of R&D projects going on and when we share those they shouldn't be considered an immanent product release -- sometimes our R&D efforts prove it's not practical (from a sales/marketing/cost point-of-view) to carry a project through to a completed product.· I think that wireless programming was mentioned as a future R&D project associated with Ken's penguin robot:

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=536859

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
  • KenLemKenLem Posts: 94
    edited 2006-01-25 17:17
    I've searched for the message but can't seem to find it. I'm sure Parallax wouldn't release something before it was ready but this message hinted at a release date of end of Jan. As I said, I could have been wrong. I'll just have to wait and see. Thanks for your replies.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    www.speechchips.com

Speech & Video IC's for BasicStamps