Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Migrating Project From PDB To Carrier Board — Parallax Forums

Migrating Project From PDB To Carrier Board

WriglyWrigly Posts: 9
edited 2006-01-24 18:20 in BASIC Stamp
I have a Parallax Professional Development Board, did a project on it with no problems. I used the programing port DB9 for serial com with another device. I want to move the project to a supercarrier board. So far I have had no luck I even went as far as to compare the circuitry of the two and the only thing I came up with was the carrier board has some caps off the ATN pin. Copied the ciruit on the pro board for ATN on the carrier board. The pro baord was pretty much striaght thru with some parrell stuff for USB ciruit. I get the intial requst for data to the device from the stanp but it fails as far as I can tell on the serin.

thanks wrig

Post Edited By Moderator (Chris Savage (Parallax)) : 1/24/2006 5:55:37 PM GMT

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2006-01-24 18:09
    Are you using the programming port for communications? Early versions of the PDB did not have the caps on the ATN pin that we typically use; those have been added.· If you are using the programming port and your host is manipulating the DTR pin, this could be affecting your project.· Try adding the ATN caps.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
    772 x 583 - 8K
  • WriglyWrigly Posts: 9
    edited 2006-01-24 18:18
    Jon,

First thanks for the quick reply.

Yes I am using the programing port on the PDB to do serial com with another device.As far as I can tell the PDB has no caps on tbe ATN line, but the PDB does work. I took a spare super carrier board(SCB) and modified it to match the PDB but still no luck. There is some parrell stuff (USB) on the PDB which I did not add to the SCB. My goal is to get the working project on the PDB to the SCB.

wrig

Post Edited (Wrigly) : 1/24/2006 6:21:04 PM GMT
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2006-01-24 18:20
    Oh, sorry, I misunderstood. You might want to double-check your connector wiring against the schematic I just posted.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax