Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS2px24 and the StampPlot lite — Parallax Forums

BS2px24 and the StampPlot lite

clemen2clemen2 Posts: 10
edited 2006-01-18 18:47 in BASIC Stamp
Anyone tried the new BS2px chip on StampPlot Lite·program?· This code (see below)·correctly works with BS2·stamp but fails with BS2px (no plot appears).· A similar problem may exist with both StampDAQ and the regular StampPlot program, at least my initial efforts to get the px chip to work has had problems.

Interestingly, when using the debug window both·Stamps correctly display data.

Any ideas?

By the way, I emailed SelmaWare and here is their reply:

Define failing please, and do you mean sx?· I didn't know there was PX.
·
Also, you may want to verify the DEBUG window, when it opens, is set up for 9600 Baud.· The higher speed chips may use a higher baud rate, in which case you may need to adjust the baud rate in StampPlot.
·
Other than that, you may want to ask on the BASIC Stamp forums, because it's simply serial data.
·
Let me know if you find anything please,
-Martin

'The code I used to test StampPlot was:
PAUSE 500····································································· 'Allow buffer to clear
DEBUG "!RSET",CR···················································· 'Reset plot to clear data
DEBUG "!TITL HEATER CONTROL SAMPLE",CR 'Caption form
DEBUG "!PNTS 2000",CR·········································· '2000 sample data points
DEBUG "!TMAX 300",CR············································ 'Max 300 seconds
DEBUG "!SPAN 50,300",CR······································· '50-300 degrees
DEBUG "!AMUL .1",CR················································ 'Multiply data by .1
DEBUG "!DELD",CR····················································· 'Delete Data File
DEBUG "!SAVD ON",CR·············································· 'Save Data
DEBUG "!TSMP ON",CR·············································· 'Time Stamp On
DEBUG "!CLMM",CR···················································· 'Clear Min/Max
DEBUG "!CLRM",CR···················································· 'Clear Messages
DEBUG "!PLOT ON",CR·············································· 'Start Plotting
DEBUG "!RSET",CR···················································· 'Reset plot to time 0
PAUSE 200
'Count 0 to 15, display binary and analog values
X VAR Nib
Loop:
FOR x = 0 TO 15
· GOSUB Display··· 'Display, Pause and Dislpay
· NEXT
· DEBUG "Loop Complete",CR
GOTO Loop
Display:
· PAUSE 30
· DEBUG DEC X,CR··· 'Plot analog

RETURN

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2006-01-18 00:02
    The problem may be that the BS2px does its DEBUG at 19.2k, not 9600 baud like the other BS2 modules. I haven't used StampPlot in a VERY long time... but if you can change the baud rate to 19.2k you should be fine. If not, you can replace your DEBUG instructions with approrpirate SEROUT commands.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
  • Rich GreenRich Green Posts: 11
    edited 2006-01-18 15:05
    Do you have the latest version (V 1.7)·of StampPlot Lite ?· My BS2px would not talk to StampPlot Lite either until I upgraded.

Rich Green
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2006-01-18 18:47
    I don't (it's not a program I find use for), but I'm sure the creator (Marty) will chime in soon.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax