Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
RE: Robotics for High School Students — Parallax Forums

RE: Robotics for High School Students

JawaJawa Posts: 4
edited 2006-01-16 18:33 in Learn with BlocklyProp
I want to thank all of you who responded to my request a few months ago regarding a robotics curriculum for motivated high school students. This is the 8th week and my students completed WAM exercises and·built their own boe-bot. Currently they are programming the boe-bot. This is the first time I used boe-bot and I am very pleased with the results so far.
·
What started·as a fun activity for a few weeks·now gone way beyond. The challenge now is what do we do next? We meet once a week for about 3 hours a day. I would like to continue with a current format and want to keep them engaged.
·
1)····· I will greatly appreciate any recommendation on already developed, structured learning activities (for another 10 weeks or more) for these students who have already completed boe-bot.
2)····· Are there any boe-bot competitions in Southern California?
·
Thanks
·
Jawa

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Jawa

Cal Poly Pomona

Comments

• Kevin WoodKevin Wood Posts: 1,266
    edited 2006-01-16 18:33
    You might want to take a look at the "Applied Robotics with the SumoBot" download from Parallax. It gets into some deeper subject matter, and it should be adaptable to a Boe-Bot. At the very least, it should give you some ideas.