Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Is there any devices that can take place of the roboeye? — Parallax Forums

Is there any devices that can take place of the roboeye?

rokeyrokey Posts: 2
edited 2006-01-19 14:48 in Robotics
we are going to build a robot that can take pictures wireless to PC, and also we want to control it through PC.·As·we know that the·Roboeye (#30008) has been discontinued. Is·there any good idea? Many thanks.·

Comments

• rokeyrokey Posts: 2
    edited 2006-01-18 06:40
    Anyone can help?
  • Steve JoblinSteve Joblin Posts: 784
    edited 2006-01-18 13:50
    I am surprised that you didn't get a response to this... you would think that a product like would exist, or if not, that it would be easy and inexpensive to build yourself. I hope that the lack of posts are not indicative of a lack in interest in this. Anyone have simple plans on making a DIY version on the cheap?
  • Ryan ClarkeRyan Clarke Posts: 738
    edited 2006-01-18 16:50
    Chris Savage (Parallax) just ordered a mini video camera for a Hexcrawler (includes sound!)

I believe he ordered it from Jameco, and it can operate over a wide range of supply voltages...

Ryan

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Ryan Clarke
    Parallax Tech Support

RClarke@Parallax.com
    edited 2006-01-18 18:38
    Ryan - any way you can ask Chris if he can share exactly what he purchased and how he plans to hook it up?
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-01-18 20:23
    Steve,

·· The camera we purchased for our Video Bot Hex Crawler is Jameco Part# 249025, hopefully the link below will work.· Cost was $89.95 and the camera will run off 6-12V and has the transmitter built-in.· Also has audio capabilities.

http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&productId=249025

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • bulkheadbulkhead Posts: 405
    edited 2006-01-19 05:47
    You can get one that looks just like that on eBay for around $40. I have one similar to that (I purchased a few years back, surprisingly, around $40 also), and the actual video camera unit has a microphone and A/V cable for audio (non-stereo) but the wireless transmitter only transmits video (my model has a seperate transmitter/camera). The camera only works well in brightly lit areas, but for the price, its wireless, color, and tiny! To hook it up to a computer, you will need a to be able to plug in A/V cables (specifically, the yellow video one).

If you want to take high quality pictures, it would probably be better to get a digital camera and use a servo to operate it. You could have both- a wireless camera for navigation, and then a digital camera for high quality photos that you can download later for inspection.

Edit: Here is one...
    cgi.ebay.com/New-Wireless-Mini-Security-Color-Camera-SPY-NANNY-CAM_W0QQitemZ7582903801QQcategoryZ103411QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    edited 2006-01-19 14:48
    Just came across this interesting site (via make.com)... http://logisphere.seiz.ch/en/index_html

I tried to look at some of the cams on line, but none of them worked... but cool idea!

Post Edited (Steve Joblin) : 1/19/2006 8:46:53 PM GMT