Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
touch screen — Parallax Forums

touch screen

gizmouscggizmouscg Posts: 1
edited 2006-01-17 17:16 in BASIC Stamp
hello i have been working on building a program for my smart house i recenly found a place to get touch screens. i am tring to connect it to my basic stamp but i do not know how or were i can get the information. my time is limited do to being in the uscg. the screen is made by optrex it modle is dmf-50840 nf-fw is it possible to connect the bs2 to this screen and if so how.

thanks
FNIT·Uggerud

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-01-15 07:30
    This post is being moved from the Projects Forum to the BASIC Stamps Forum.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • SteelSteel Posts: 313
    edited 2006-01-16 18:17
    Gizmo-

Unfortunately, I haven't worked with the 50840 Display (or any of Optrex/Apollo Displays), but here is some information that I have found...Others can add onto it, and hopefully all the pieces will fit into place.

Here is the Datasheet: http://www.apollodisplays.com/pdf_e/dmf/50840ABE.PDF

The IO Connectors are shown in Section 4.1

The PowerSupply connection is shown in 4.2

It looks like there are 7 connections to the BS2:

FLM (First Line Marker)
    LP (Latch Signal)
    CP (Clock Signal)
    D0 ~ D3 (Data Signals)

You can look at Parallax's "Shiftout" program to be the basis for your program.· The elements this LCD has are CLOCK, LATCH, and DATA.· You will have to incorporate the "FLM" command on your own, based on the timing information in Section 2.4 and 2.5 of the LCD DataSheet.

I may be wrong (Please correct me, Parallax), but I think there may be a problem with Shifting out 4 different lines at once.· I think the Shiftout command can only handle shifting out 1 Data Signal.

**Make sure you note the DISPOFF is the last one activated on Poweron, and first one deactivated on Poweroff.· It looks like you can blow your screen if this is done wrong.

Anybody else?
  • Donald BartleyDonald Bartley Posts: 19
    edited 2006-01-17 17:16
    Not sure if this will help you out but Multilabs has released an serial graphics LCD module with a touchscreen attached to it:· www.multilabs.net/ezDISPLAY.html

Not sure if you need an LCD module or not.· The touchscreen is decoded for you so the ezDISPLAY only returns X and Y coordinates for you.· There is some sample BS2 code that uses the touchscreen.