Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Ordering BOE-BOT — Parallax Forums

Ordering BOE-BOT

scam_5000scam_5000 Posts: 17
edited 2006-01-13 20:48 in BASIC Stamp
I am looking at ordering the BOE-BOT kit because the USB version seems to be backordered I am going with the serial version with the USB adapter. When I add all of this to my cart it adds up to $263.00 CAD including shipping and taxes. What I was wondering was if there is any duty charges that I would have to pay? and also this does come with the scribbler?

Thanks,

Chris

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-01-13 19:38
    Chris,

·· Please contact our Sales department at sales@parallax.com for help with this information.· Thanks!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • steve_bsteve_b Posts: 1,563
    edited 2006-01-13 20:15
    scam_5000,

I ship to Canada too and tend to get dinged by customs.
    The problem is, it has to be brokered in....and there are minimum charges. So, expect another 40-50bucks canadian to clear it.
    I haven't seen anything for duty...but I imagine the Broker takes care of this (which is why their price goes up with the cost of your order).

Although I prefer ordering from Parallax (I'd rather all the money go in to their pockets), for some smaller items I'll order from HVWtech out of Calgary.
    Digikey and Electrosonic carry some stuff (not sure about digkey) as well as active.
    Check out the 'distributors' page on the Parallax website (under 'Company/distributors').

When I lived in Vancouver I went straight to RP electronics...but they tend to gouge on big kits like that! (or so it seemed).

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·

Steve

"Inside each and every one of us is our one, true authentic swing. Something we was born with. Something that's ours and ours alone. Something that can't be learned... something that's got to be remembered."
  • PJAllenPJAllen Banned Posts: 5,065
    edited 2006-01-13 20:48
    digikey.ca has BoE (full-kit) listed at CDN$212