Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Boe-bot — Parallax Forums

Boe-bot

SnyggveSnyggve Posts: 3
edited 2006-01-13 19:32 in BASIC Stamp
Hello all programmers out there in the world

I have an assignment from school to program a Boe-bot type "Board of education" and it is a basic stamp 2.5 on it.
The problem is that i'm reaaaally newbie at this, and I don't have a clue about anything about it.
I got a book with the robot but the code is a bit·to hard for·me to understand. First off·we want to get the robot to·go straight for a couple of seconds without pausing or making any stops at all.
But when we hit the button "run" we just keep getting the message "No BASIC Stamps found" even if we are certain that there is connection between the computer and the robot.
I wonder if there is any way of clearing the robots memory so that i'm sure that the things i'm writing is the stuff that i want the robot to perform?

I have been looking around on the net using google and·other search tools for finding a good site with help and example projects, but·can't find anything of good value, so please help me any way you can, I'M DESPERATE, or·else I will fail·the exam in that subject.confused.gif
·

Comments

• PJAllenPJAllen Banned Posts: 5,065
    edited 2006-01-13 19:16
    I think that you have to download a program to the BoEBot before anything will happen like (?).· And be sure that your COM Port is working. When it bounces back "no stamp found", that's a big clue.· (It has to be ON, too; batteries, ON-OFF, etc.)

Post Edited (PJ Allen) : 1/13/2006 7:22:01 PM GMT
  • SnyggveSnyggve Posts: 3
    edited 2006-01-13 19:22
    We have the program BASIC Stamp editor, the newest version, it works sometimes, and yes the batteries are working
    edited 2006-01-13 19:24
    Which COM port # ?
  • SnyggveSnyggve Posts: 3
    edited 2006-01-13 19:25
    number 1
    edited 2006-01-13 19:28
    Will the attached file RUN or not?

If yes, good.

If no -- what is the response?
  • Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2006-01-13 19:32
    Snyggve -

Are you using an ordinary serial port, or a USB connection with the Board of Education/BOE BOT?

Which operating system are you using, and what type of computer (desktop or laptop)?

Check the battery voltage to MAKE SURE they are fresh. Countless times folks have thought they were fresh, only to find out that they weren't as fresh as they expected.

Regards,

Bruce Bates