Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
pin number for data and clock — Parallax Forums

pin number for data and clock

masa1221masa1221 Posts: 5
edited 2006-01-10 16:23 in BASIC Stamp
· Hi.
· I have a gyroscope,"MG1101"·which has conventional 2-wire serial interface bus, one is data line and the other is clock line.
··I am trying to let it communicate it with BSII.
· I was curious to find out the pin number on BSII for data and clock if there exists.
· If anyone is familiar with the idea please reply.

· I would appreciate it.

· Below is a link to the info for the gyroscope I have.
· http://www.gyration.com/en-US/GyroTech.html
·
· thank you,
·

Comments

• Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2006-01-10 16:05
    Thats a neat device, unfortunately they are more geared to end products and the MG1101 is an OEM module, Ive searched thier site and couldn't find a detailed spec sheet of the gyro itself. You will have to contact them to ask for the detailed specification sheet which should have how the communication protocol works. I have a suspicion it is one way SPI, but its just a suspicion (it could also be I2C). If it is SPI you would use the PBASIC SHIFTIN command (if it's I2C you would use the I2CIN command if you have a BS module that supports the I2C commands, or use Jon William's code to do I2C on BS modules that don't have I2C builtin commands). Either way you can specify which pin to do the communications on, you are not restricted to a specific set of pins.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·1+1=10
  • SN96SN96 Posts: 318
    edited 2006-01-10 16:23
    That is a neat part.·You might also want to check Spark Fun's website, they have a wide variety of gyro sensors. They even have gyro/accelerometer combo boards. I know you bought this one and would like to use it, but if they are not willing to provide a data sheet, or you decide later on you want something different, you can get one form Spark Fun.

Main-IMU-203.jpg

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=413&osCsid=2569ab37285d07993217b304f37a1b39#

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Mike

Post Edited (SN96) : 1/10/2006 4:31:38 PM GMT