Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Baud Rate for Programming & DEBUG — Parallax Forums

Baud Rate for Programming & DEBUG

denodeno Posts: 242
edited 2006-01-09 19:01 in BASIC Stamp
Hello...
I am not sure if this is the proper way to ask this question technically.

Can the BAUD rate for programming and debugging the Basic Stamp be change?· I assume that the standard for programming is 9600.· Can this be changed to 2400?

I am not talking about the SERIN or the SEROUT commands, but the actual downloading and debugging of the stamp.

Deno

Comments

• Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2006-01-09 15:46
    No, the baud rate for programming and DEBUG is fixed at 9600 (except for the BS2px that uses 19.2k). Why would you want to program the Stamp more slowly? -- most people ask for more speed, hence the change in the BS2px.

And remember to add a subject line to your new threads -- I fixed this one for you.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2006-01-09 15:53
    Im curious why dotBB didn't indicate that deno's post was modified by you Jon, every time Chris inserts a subject line it indicates so. Does the "if noone's read it" also apply to moderator's editing as well?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·1+1=10
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-01-09 15:57
    Paul,

·· If the post is edited within 60 seconds or so after posting it doesn't show up.· The same goes for the original poster.· If you quickly edit your messages they don't show up as edited.· But if you go back a minute or so later they're tagged as edited by you.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • denodeno Posts: 242
    edited 2006-01-09 19:01
    Jon...I am still working on the idea of wireless programming and debugging of the stamp using RF modules at a reasonable price.·

I was looking at the RF modules sold by Reynolds Electronics:

RXLC434

TXLC 434

RXLC315

TXLC315

The maximum BAUD for these devices is 2400.· I thought using 2 different frequencys in a duplex fashion, I could transfer data back and forth between the computer and the stamp. The receivers do have a power down pin to turn off the local receiver to avoid interference, but it is uncertain if they would power down and power back up fast enough to capture the transmitted data.

I'll just keep looking and thinking and reading...

Thank you for your reply and I got in such a hurry, I did forget the subject line...I need some new memory in my brain?

Deno