Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
confused on some of the extra's — Parallax Forums

confused on some of the extra's

cliedocliedo Posts: 6
edited 2006-01-10 17:29 in Learn with BlocklyProp
I've just finished chapt 1 thru 3, almost all were relevent there were a couple of the questions that confused me, but i read ahead and somewhat felt, i understand this part, experimented with it on my own and got kinda excited, but with rereading and less skimming of the text.
i would enjoy to see the math equivalent the E = I * R and the difference of using resistors in parallel and series, im not a creative person, I flunked art class. i am impressed with the value of my investment, better than the class in microprosessors i had in college. so far im still impressed plus getting out the ole college books [noparse]:D[/noparse]

P.S. my wife gets confused over some of the statements i make in general conversations lol

Comments

• Clock LoopClock Loop Posts: 2,069
    edited 2006-01-09 06:14
    Im confused as to what your question is?
  • gibbmangibbman Posts: 98
    edited 2006-01-09 12:28
    cliedo,
    Here's a link about Ohm's Law. The equation can be written to find either of the three values, given two.

http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/K-12/Sample_Projects/Ohms_Law/ohmslaw.html

Then, Google Basic DC circuits or somesuch for resistors in series and parallel.

Jim
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2006-01-09 22:22
    When combining resistance in series, you simply add the values so a 22kΩ and 4.7kΩ resistor in series would be 26.7kΩ. When combining resistors in parallel you add thier conductances which is the reciprical of thier resistance (1/R) then convert back to resistance. So a 22kΩ and 4.7kΩ resistor in parallel would be 45.45 µS and 212.76 µS (S=Seimen the unit of measure for conductance) for a total of 258.21 µS or 3.87 kΩ resistance. The formula for adding resistors in parallel is 1/(1/R1+1/R2+...+1/Rn) for n resistors in parallel.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·1+1=10
  • cliedocliedo Posts: 6
    edited 2006-01-10 17:29
    thank you for the responces

I was hoping it wasnt going to be a confusing statement.
    Ill try and keep my posts a little more specific and not
    as much rambling, though I do have a tendency to do.
    It was a suggestion to have an informational box and how
    to solve the circuit mathematically with ohms law.