Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Memsic resolution — Parallax Forums

Memsic resolution

amirbaramamirbaram Posts: 13
edited 2006-01-10 00:02 in Robotics
I've been using the memsic kit for a while and after changing the resistor from xOut
I am getting very small differences in signal length when memsic is facing forward or upward. I can see in debug that the memsic gives the same value as before when it is level, but when I tilt it all the way towards g or -g , I can see the change but it is very small. This still happens when I put back the old resistor (220 ohm).
Any suggestions?

Comments

• Ryan ClarkeRyan Clarke Posts: 738
    edited 2006-01-03 15:54
    Amirbaram,

What values are you getting? What values did you 'swap out'?

Ryan

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Ryan Clarke
    Parallax Tech Support

RClarke@Parallax.com
  • amirbaramamirbaram Posts: 13
    edited 2006-01-03 16:35
    I tested t1 when laying flat would get 5.102 ms and 3.77 ms when parallal with g. Now I get 5.102ms when flat and 5.037 when parallal with g
  • ElectronegativityElectronegativity Posts: 311
    edited 2006-01-10 00:02
    Hi amibaram:

I'm not familiar with the specific kit or accelerometer model you refer to, but typical Memsic accelerometers run at 100 Hz with a 50% duty cycle when lying flat, which gives a t1 value of 5 ms. For 20% deflection/g, and 10% tolerance, 3.77 ms when on its side is within spec.

It doesn't seem likely that changing the resistor would affect the accelerometer's output.

What you describe is exactly what I would expect if you tilted the accelerometer on the X axis, then read the value from the Y axis output.

Have you tried rotating it 90 degrees?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    I wonder if this wire is hot...