Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Reduced component Stamp — Parallax Forums

Reduced component Stamp

ktekxktekx Posts: 71
edited 2013-03-28 09:56 in BASIC Stamp
I was looking at the OEM BS2 schematics that came w/ the Stamp and how to assemble it, I plan on building my own circuit boards but I would like to reduce the required components per completed stamp project. What I mean is, I plan on building many of these, and each one only requires to be programmed once before being put to use, so there's no need to include a DB9 connector, etc, reducing the bulkiness as well as expense.

Does anyone have plans/schematics for the bare necessities of the Stamp side and a separate serial programmer side. The schematics of the OEM kit does not go into any detail of what is minimally required for the Stamp to function alone. I would ideally want the stamp to be programmed by the serial side through a jumper cable w/ header pins.

Comments

• Tronic (Greece)Tronic (Greece) Posts: 130
    edited 2006-01-03 09:58
    This might help you:

http://users.sch.gr/pavlos/Projects/bs2_mini/Bs2_mini_board_EN.htm

The PIC16C57 chip I used is in smaller package but you can use the schematics that it cames with to your own design.

bs2miniboarddiag.JPG

bs2miniboardschematicsm.gif

Thanos

Post Edited (Tronic (Greece)) : 1/3/2006 12:21:33 PM GMT
  • ktekxktekx Posts: 71
    edited 2006-01-03 12:16
    Great thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for, I really appreciate your help.
  • denodeno Posts: 242
    edited 2006-01-03 12:28
    Isn't the picture the same thing as the Basic Stamp module?· The only thing I can see different/better is the 1 amp voltage regulator.· I have always had to add an external 5 volts regulator to handle additional current needs for other devices.

Deno

·
  • Tronic (Greece)Tronic (Greece) Posts: 130
    edited 2006-01-03 12:50
    I used some of the BS2 oem parts (BS2 interprenter chip, memory 24LC16) and the rest are from a local electronics shop. I choose to use an 1A regulator cause I intended to power some small motors from it.

It isn't much alike: it has an "activity Led" that its connected to the clock lines of the 24LC16 memory and it size is something more than a stamp :-)

Thanos

Post Edited (Tronic (Greece)) : 1/3/2006 1:26:45 PM GMT
  • StarManStarMan Posts: 306
    edited 2006-01-03 17:16
    I've done something similar with a product I sell except there are no communications on the board itself.· I program the EEPROM on my BS2 OEM, remove the EEPROM·and plug it into the production board.

I don't sell high volumes but if I did I would invest in a zif socket.

Chris I.
  • SouthernerSoutherner Posts: 1
    edited 2013-03-23 19:57
    This might help you:

http://users.sch.gr/pavlos/Projects/bs2_mini/Bs2_mini_board_EN.htm

The PIC16C57 chip I used is in smaller package but you can use the schematics that it cames with to your own design.
    Those web pages no longer exist. Archive.org has no record of them so it was never crawled. Is there another site with this information? How do you get the dump to program the 24LC128 or 24LC16 eeprom?

Thank you.
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2013-03-24 12:40
    How do you get the dump to program the 24LC128 or 24LC16 eeprom?
    Southerner, the eeprom is preprogrammed with the stamp interpreter when you buy it from Parallax and that is the only way you can get it.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2013-03-28 09:56
    The following article discusses OEM builds of various BASIC Stamp Models and includes discussion of optional components.

http://www.savagecircuits.com/bs2oem