Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
A few questions about the PINK — Parallax Forums

A few questions about the PINK

DiablodeMorteDiablodeMorte Posts: 238
edited 2006-01-03 15:39 in BASIC Stamp
At All People That Read This(And Can Hopefully Help):

I just got to my PINK i got from christmass. So far it is working well in everything except EMAIL.. I have set up an email server on this computer(192.168.1.105) and have told the pink to use this SMTP server to send mail but still no luck [noparse]:([/noparse] Any suggestions?

view page at: 66.177.140.221

My other question is how to get my hands on the firmare for the pink.. I am probably just missing it because the software comes with a updater.. But I would love to look at it.

Comments

• steve_bsteve_b Posts: 1,563
    edited 2006-01-03 04:29
    You're having similar issues to myself.

If your SMTP server requires any sort of secure login, then it won't work. I think ppl are looking in to adding it for the next firmware update.

I wonder if there's a way to embed the userid/password in the server field....

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·

Steve

"Inside each and every one of us is our one, true authentic swing. Something we was born with. Something that's ours and ours alone. Something that can't be learned... something that's got to be remembered."
  • Ryan ClarkeRyan Clarke Posts: 738
    edited 2006-01-03 15:35
    Currently we do not support SMTP servers that require authentication. There are several reasons for this- and they are being examined for future firmware versions. Currently we are not giving out the firmware source.

Ryan

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Ryan Clarke
    Parallax Tech Support

RClarke@Parallax.com
  • DiablodeMorteDiablodeMorte Posts: 238
    edited 2006-01-03 15:39
    My SMTP server is not auth! So.. What's wronge? [noparse]:([/noparse]

Also... I realize you are not allowing SMTP secure servers in the firm ware but can I GET the firmware? I would like to look at it so see if I can add/remove/mess up feaures