Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
possible defective sumobot?! — Parallax Forums

possible defective sumobot?!

kingspudkingspud Posts: 128
edited 2006-01-03 19:06 in Robotics
Hello all,

Does anyone know if it is possible to do a complete reset on a sumobot stamp?
One of the sumobots that I got from the kit has a defective X6 servo port!
When I run the motor test it doesn't spin the servo.
I already tested other servos on it and they don't work either!
X7 port works fine.
Has anyone seen this problem before?
Is there a way I can reset the bot and try to get the port working again?
OR does it sound like I need to get another sumobot stamp board?

Any help would be nice

Thanks

Joe

Comments

• LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2006-01-03 14:32
    Customer service will be glad to help you.

You may want to post your code here [noparse][[/noparse]if you are not using Parallax's] for someone to check it out and comment.

Reset is most easily achieved as a 'hard reset' by just turning off the power and restarting.

Also, you may want to reload the code due to the possiblity that something affected the transfer in an odd way.

It seems to be human nature to immediately blame the hardware, but with programable devices that blame often is misplaced. Either here or at customer service, you need to enter a dialogue with someone that is knowledgible of the sumo bots [noparse][[/noparse]I don't have one].

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.' - Walter Lippmann (1889-1974)

······································································ Warm regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan
  • Ryan ClarkeRyan Clarke Posts: 738
    edited 2006-01-03 15:55
    Also consider that it is possible to burn I/O pins...

Ryan

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Ryan Clarke
    Parallax Tech Support

RClarke@Parallax.com
  • kingspudkingspud Posts: 128
    edited 2006-01-03 19:06
    The code I used was from the Parallax CDROM and was the motor test program, which I tested on both units.· It worked fine on one unit but not the other.
    So I know it's not the code.

I only hooked up the servos and not the other components to the bot so I don't think I could have blown the servo port. Especially since I followed the sumobot instruction manual!· If I had burned the board by doing the wrong thing then I would have burned both of the bots.· I installed them pretty much at the same time and loaded the program right after each other.
    Only one works.
    Joe