Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
ramping function of PSC — Parallax Forums

ramping function of PSC

exskoolexskool Posts: 24
edited 2006-01-05 00:51 in Robotics
Hi, anyone can·help me to visualize how the ramping function of PSC works (any graph??)...i need to know the relationship between the ramp function and the actual speed of servo..tq

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-01-02 16:29
    Hello,

·· The ramping value on our PSC will affect how quickly the servo gets to it's destination position.· There are no graphs or charts, but you can always experiment with values to test results.· The rest is covered in the documentation.· You can find a more revised version here:

http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=28823

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • exskoolexskool Posts: 24
    edited 2006-01-03 03:20
    going to do some work duh..tq
    edited 2006-01-03 03:28
    do i need to connect directly from PSC to com 1 if i want to use the 'PSC software for PC'?
    i've tried to connect from com1 to BS2 to PSC but seem it doen't work
    edited 2006-01-03 06:39
    You cannot connect the PSC directly to the PCs COM Port.·· The levels are not compatible.· There's no reason why it shouldn't work through the BS2.· What are you sending to the BS2 from the COM Port?· And what have you told the BS2 to do with this data, send it directly to the PSC?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
    edited 2006-01-04 00:22
    you mean that i've to build a program first for BS2 in order to receive the information from the software?
    edited 2006-01-04 02:33
    Not necessarily...You could do it via hardware.· You could use·a driver·circuit to do this.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
    edited 2006-01-04 11:54
    oh..thank a lot
    edited 2006-01-04 18:17
    Such a driver circuit would look like the attachment.· Sorry I didn't post it with my last reply, but I wasn't at the correct computer at the time.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
    744 x 356 - 44K
  • Tom WalkerTom Walker Posts: 509
    edited 2006-01-04 19:51
    exskool,
    Your last question implies that you have an idea of what you want it to do. Perhaps we could be of more help if we understand what you THINK it should do, what you want it to do, etc...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Truly Understand the Fundamentals and the Path will be so much easier...
    edited 2006-01-05 00:50
    "What are you sending to the BS2 from the COM Port? And what have you told the BS2 to do with this data, send it directly to the PSC? " (Chris)

i think that the meaning of what you told the BS2 to do with data is to make a program which can receive the data and analyze it and send command to BS2..

anyway, the circuit configuration has clear it out and i think i've seen it before in this forum. i'll try it first

thanks to all
    edited 2006-01-05 00:51
    i mean send command to PSC..