Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Ongoing Rocketry project w/BS2PE24 — Parallax Forums

Ongoing Rocketry project w/BS2PE24

colin.webercolin.weber Posts: 1
edited 2006-01-02 06:55 in BASIC Stamp
undefinedundefinedHey all,
I am working on a project which utilizes a BS2P24 and thought it would be a good idea to post a running update of it on this site.· I am one of eight juniors working with NASA to build a rocket and an airborne experiment to be flown to exactly 1 mile high. I'm doing the payload which, among other things, uses a BS microprocessor with two Onset Electronics temperature and RH sensor units.· We are in the design phase right now so unfortunately I have nothing cool to show you guys yet, but I promise thrills in the near future. For all you rocket enthusiasts, preliminary designs have a 7.5" diameter fiberglass body·tube·with a central 54 and 4 outboard 38s weighing about 55 pounds on the pad.

Here is a picture from the same project last year, where I designed the winning payload (this is a test launch so the fiberglass is unpainted; you can actually see through it in some parts). This was a 13 foot design with a K660 central and 4 J400s clustered around it. Launch weight was 34·lbs. undefinedundefined

There is more to come, and I promise some of it will have to do with the Basic stamp.
I would be more than happy to answer any questions at colinjweber@gmail.com or you can msn message me at red_viperrt10@hotmail.com. Thanks for looking!
1000 x 1500 - 700K

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2006-01-02 06:55
    Since this is an ongoing project and not completed, this thread is being moved from the Projects forum to the BASIC Stamp forum.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com