Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Basic Stamp & PINK module: Can you control serout data remotely? — Parallax Forums

Basic Stamp & PINK module: Can you control serout data remotely?

TonyATonyA Posts: 226
edited 2005-12-31 21:21 in BASIC Stamp
Hi,

I am just reading now about the use of the PINK module. Do I understand this correctly;
1. You hook up your basic stamp to the PINK module.
2. You can now remotely control the basic stamp via the internet using a webpage with the HTML POST command?
By using POST you can change the value of variables in your basic stamp program?

Could I remotely control the serout data of my basic stamp?

Thank you,
Tony A

Comments

• Peter VerkaikPeter Verkaik Posts: 3,956
    edited 2005-12-31 16:51
    See this thread
    http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=556998

You can 'instruct' the BS, via the pink variables and udp messages, to do what you want.

regards peter
    ·
  • Tracy AllenTracy Allen Posts: 6,658
    edited 2005-12-31 18:55
    The BASIC Stamp can read any of the 100 variables that are stored in the PINK, and those variables in PINK can be altered remotely over the Internet by having the user fill out entries in a POST html form that references them. Vice versa, the Stamp can alter variables and the variables can be referenced in an HTML page to display the current contents of the variable. Each of the 100 variables is a string of up to 64 bytes, so there is potentially 6400 bytes of storage on the PINK, all accessible for read or write from the Stamp.

The Stamp reads or writes those variables using SERIN and SEROUT commands to the PINK serial interface. Once you have those on the Stamp, it is up to you what your Stamp program will do with them. For example, your Stamp program could then take the information entered remotely from the internet and SEROUT it to another Stamp serial port.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Tracy Allen
    www.emesystems.com
  • TonyATonyA Posts: 226
    edited 2005-12-31 21:21
    That is really cool. I was thinking of using the pink to remotely send variable changes to the stamp via the html post, and then have the stamp send out midi messages. So I'll be controlling midi messages sent by the stamp, remotely.

This is possible?

Tony