Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BOE-BOT with MAC troubleshooting — Parallax Forums

BOE-BOT with MAC troubleshooting

JamSessionJamSession Posts: 5
edited 2005-12-30 00:31 in Robotics
I have the USB version and am having difficulties connecting back to the MAC BS2 program. When I first open the application and download a program to the BOE-BOT, everything works fine. I disconnect the programming cable from the BOE-BOT because I'm running tests. However once I reconnect the programming cable to the BOE-BOT, the MAC BS2 doesnt connect. I'll switch USB ports and then it works, but then once i reconnect the programming cable it doesnt connect. Why is this? Anyone can help?

When i disconnect the programming cable from the BOE-BOT should I be turning power off? or can i just leave it to switch 1? Whats the proper procedure?

Thanks,
Jam

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-12-29 18:25
    Jam,

·· I have seen this on one customer's computer (Mac) before, but not supporting/using Macs, I did not know why it was happening.· I recall the same symptoms though.· It was a pain, but would work.· Typically USB is considered hot-pluggable/swappable and there is no need to shut either end down.· I doubt it would help anyway but maybe someone knows on the Mac why this is happening.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • JamSessionJamSession Posts: 5
    edited 2005-12-29 18:50
    Thanks! yea, thats what I figured with the USB ports, that I do not need to turn power off when disconnecting the programming cable from the BOE-BOT. However, what I did notice was that the cable needed to be connected to the BOE-BOT at all times in order for me to program and run tests, and re-program again without any difficulty connecting to the MAC BS2. This would be a pain if I'm running a crazy program sequence to the BOT with a short cable and a laptop in my hands. tongue.gif
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-12-29 19:16
    Well, hopefully another Mac user who has been through this will step out and offer a potential solution.· =)

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • ForrestForrest Posts: 1,341
    edited 2005-12-30 00:31
    Did you see the MacBS2 FAQ saying to use an older version of the FTDI driver to eliminate communication problems
    www.muratnkonar.com/otherstuff/macbs2/faq.shtml