Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
USB connection to professional board — Parallax Forums

USB connection to professional board

christerchrister Posts: 7
edited 2005-12-28 19:09 in BASIC Stamp
Help!!
I´ve just connected my laptop to the pro board via the USB contacts. I have the stamp editor 2.2.5. but I have no comunication between them.A bs 2 is in the socket.
Christer S

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-12-28 01:49
    This is an issue that affects laptops.· If you have the driver installed for the USB, then there should be an entry in your Ports category in the Device Manager for USB Serial Port COMx, where x is the number assigned to it.· If you double-click this entry it should open the Serial Port Properties.· Go to the Port Settings Tab, click Advanced, then change the Latency Timer from 16 down to 1.··Make sure you click okay, then okay on the Port Properties window.· Try again.· Make sure the board is powered on as well.

On the other hand, if you don't have an entry in the Device Manager, either the board is not plugged in, or the driver wasn't properly installed.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • christerchrister Posts: 7
    edited 2005-12-28 12:41
    Hello again!
    Where can I find the USB-driver? I have windows xp so the standard xp driver is installed!
    Christer
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-12-28 19:09
    The drivers are avaiable from the bottom of the product page on our website (Listed below).· Please update the driver with the one we have.

http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=28138

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com