Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
True or False....about wireless stamp programming. — Parallax Forums

True or False....about wireless stamp programming.

denodeno Posts: 242
edited 2005-12-29 17:56 in BASIC Stamp
Using the USB Bluetooth adaptor from D-Link (DB-120) for $29.99 and either the Linkmatik SE or Toothpic SE for $139.00 from Parallax I can program and DEBUG exactly the same as using a cable from a COM port or USB port.

Thanks...hope all have a good New Year....Deno

Post Edited (deno) : 12/28/2005 11:10:04 PM GMT

Comments

• denodeno Posts: 242
    edited 2005-12-28 22:17
    I guess no one has tried the above components to actually program or debug the stamp.

So, the above is false?

Thanks·· Deno
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-12-29 01:47
    Baiting?· It should work.· I answered these questions in two other threads you had, that's why I didn't respond to this one.· I didn't look up the details of the D-Link module you listed, but if it supports a virtual serial COM Port, then it should work.· There are often setting and quirks on individual computers which may or may not cause you problems.· For example, many USB to Serial adapters have problems on laptop computers, due to the FIFO or Latency settings.· Even laptop on-board Serial Ports can be a problem with the FIFO buffers.· The device you use will need to be able to be addressed as a COM Port on the computer side.· If this is possible, then the ToothPick module will handle the Stamp Side.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
    edited 2005-12-29 02:02
    Chris..thank you for your reply.· I wasn't sure of the actual devices that I was going to need.· Especially the USB bluetooth adaptor. (The various part numbers of the devices)

I wasn't trying to bait anyone, just wanted to know if I had the "right stuff" picked out before I ordered.

Thanks again for the help...Deno
    edited 2005-12-29 02:08
    deno,

·· Not trying to be rude, it's just getting difficult lately following which threads I answered since there are many duplicate or same subject threads.· In any event, I hope I was able to answer your question.· Very few people that I know of do this, so it's hard to gauge things, but we did test it at Parallax, and I can have the Technican who did the testing (Dave) send you the exact model number of his Bluetooth USB if you want.· That's what he used to test this setup.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
    edited 2005-12-29 11:49
    Chris...just to be sure about the Blue Tooth device, I would appreciate the model number and if he used the toothpic or the linkmatic device.

I will make a post when I get it together for all to read.

Happy New Year to all

Deno
    edited 2005-12-29 17:56
    He used the ToothPick, and a D-Link USB Dongle, but I will have to find out the exact model used.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com