Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Optascope appears to have failed — Parallax Forums

Optascope appears to have failed

drmdrm Posts: 10
edited 2005-12-23 16:58 in BASIC Stamp
I'm running an Optascope 81m with software v2.6.4. It appears to no longer detect input signals.

I was attempting to test a very simple BS/2 circuit that uses the AD592 transducer to detect temperatures. The circuit works fine--and functions as expected. However, regardless of where I attach the Optascope probes, the Auto Measurements windows display values of 0 volts. (I've tried both channels, and, I've tried all of the possible trigger src, trigger mode, trigger edge, run/stop settings.)

When I attempt a "zero calibration to ground", the two progress bars ("Overall Progress" and "Calibrating CH1") remain blank.

The COM port selection radio-button is green--indicating that I have a connection to the PC.

I've also tried uninstalling and re-installing the software. However,·the unit·still fails to detect any input signals.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
--Donn

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-12-23 01:26
    What voltage levels were you monitoring, and how long have you had the unit?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • drmdrm Posts: 10
    edited 2005-12-23 03:31
    As per the multimeter, the voltage I'm monitoring is apx. 4.4 volts. I've had the unit for apx. 2 years.

Thanks!
    --Donn
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-12-23 05:56
    Not sure what could've damaged it.· Static maybe...Voltage spike?· It has pretty good protection on the inputs, but nothing is indestructable.· Just out of curiosity, do you have access to another computer to try it on?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com

Post Edited (Chris Savage (Parallax)) : 12/23/2005 5:38:24 PM GMT
  • drmdrm Posts: 10
    edited 2005-12-23 16:58
    Chris,

Yes. I do have another computer and was thinking about this last night: I'll install and give it a try.

Thanks!