Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
transceiver question — Parallax Forums

transceiver question

BBotterBBotter Posts: 4
edited 2005-12-19 02:31 in Robotics
Has anyone ever used more than one transceiver to transmit data during a program to another transceiver?· My problem is that the data is getting garbled if two are trying to transmit at the same time.· I am trying to work on a protocol that will only allow one to communicate at a time based on a number that will identify that transmitter, but I am having trouble with this too.· I am using a variation of the XOR source code and I am using the TXflow pin.·
any comments appreciated

Comments

• Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2005-12-19 01:49
    BBotter -

Use two separate frequencies, and your problems are over. Otherwise you will continue to have one stepping on the other unless you use some sort of "all call - broadcast" methodology. After that each must respond in a predetermined, round-robin fashion.

Regards,

Bruce Bates
  • BBotterBBotter Posts: 4
    edited 2005-12-19 02:14
    hey thanks Bruce Bates. You are a life-saver
  • Robert KubichekRobert Kubichek Posts: 343
    edited 2005-12-19 02:15
    Just assign each remote an id, and that it would only transmit on being polled with the correct id code.
    That way there will not be any problem of data collision, and the code would be much simpler to write.

Bob N9LVU scool.gif
  • BBotterBBotter Posts: 4
    edited 2005-12-19 02:27
    Yes thanx Bob I have been thinking about doing this. I do think it would be easier than the way I have been thinking of programming it.
  • Robert KubichekRobert Kubichek Posts: 343
    edited 2005-12-19 02:31
    BBotter said...
    Yes thanx Bob I have been thinking about doing this. I do think it would be easier than the way I have been thinking of programming it.

Also, with the right programing, you can do a "psuedo"network, and increase the distance.. yeah.gif

Bob N9LVU scool.gif