Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Trig Tables — Parallax Forums

Trig Tables

NewzedNewzed Posts: 2,503
edited 2005-12-18 22:57 in BASIC Stamp
Here is another of my "utility thingies" for the Stamp.· The program uses 1718 bytes, so it will work on any Stamp from a BS2 up.· Ideally, it would be in one bank of a multi-bank Stamp as part of a math or navigational program.

The program returns the sine, cosine and tangent of any angle from 0 to 359 degrees.· Sines and cosines are to 4 decimals.· Tangents are to 3 or 4 decimals, depending on the value of the integral.· All values returned are properly signed.

This is my third post of this kind.· I keep trying to find a utility that will have universal appeal, but so far I have fallen a bit short of the mark.

Are there any other programs of this nature anyone would like see posted?

Sid

Comments

• NewzedNewzed Posts: 2,503
    edited 2005-12-18 22:57

Here is an adjunct to the Trig Table program I posted this morning. This program – ARC Tables Rev A - returns the angle when you enter arcsin or arctan.

Some notes on entering – arcsin may be entered as 3 digits or 4 digits. Arctan must be entered as a 3 digit value if the value is less than 1.000. If the value is 1.000 or greater it must be entered as a 4 digit number. All values of arcsin and arctan are entered WITHOUT the decimal point.

The program returns values for integral angles only. It can not handle fractional degrees.

If you have a value that returns a "Not found" error, look at the lookup tables in the program and select the value closest to the value you have. Enter that value at the prompt and that will get you pretty close.

Sid