Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Display problem — Parallax Forums

Display problem

bsparkybsparky Posts: 52
edited 2005-12-19 04:33 in BASIC Stamp
I am having a problem with the left most diget of my display, as you can see from the first photo all leds work OK but when I type in 301 which goes into the bottom display first then gets transfered to the top left and right displays and as you can see from the second photo it gets displayed wrong. I have gone over the wiring many many times. I unwired it and check all the leds then rewired it . I even changed the MAX7219, still no good. My program is attached any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
2048 x 1536 - 643K
2048 x 1536 - 655K

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-12-18 19:53
    Not sure what effect it will ultimately have, but your max_dat, which is a word, is being shifted out to the MAX7219 when normally a byte is used.· Normally when shifting out bytes you send out the digit number followed by the data (normally in a byte), as in the example below.
    Show_Max_Time:
      SHIFTOUT DataIO, Clock, MSBFIRST, [noparse][[/noparse]index, d7219]
      PULSOUT MAX7219, 5                    ' Latch Data
      RETURN

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • bsparkybsparky Posts: 52
    edited 2005-12-18 21:17
    Hi Chris thanks for the reply. I tried doing that but no help. It almost acts like its not being BCD decoded for that diget, but I can't see in my code were that would be happening.
  • bsparkybsparky Posts: 52
    edited 2005-12-19 04:33
    Found the problem............... When I was seting up the displays value for decoding $1F is not right, I changed it to $FF and it works. I believe it needs to be at least $DF for decoding of 6 digets, $FF is for all 8.