Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
unique (?) no basic stamps found problem — Parallax Forums

unique (?) no basic stamps found problem

jcrue451jcrue451 Posts: 4
edited 2005-12-13 18:07 in BASIC Stamp
hi all-

ok, so i sifted through around 500 posts looking for an answer to no avail, so here goes:

i just bought a boebot and loaded the basic stamp editor, but when i attempt to load a program, i get the dreaded "no basic stamp found" message. what's unique is that the download progress window says that "can't open port; in use" for both com1 and com2.

i followed the troubleshooter tips in the book that came with the kit, so i know the power supply is fine (i'm using an ac converter), the serial cable is attached to both the computer and the boe, the bs2 was installed right-side up etc.

i'd assume that this has something to do with my port settings, but i've gone through everything i can think of to fix this.· no other hardware is currently using either port, so what gives?· help me, fellow stamp users, you're my only hope!

Comments

• stamptrolstamptrol Posts: 1,731
    edited 2005-12-13 18:07
    Your computer thinks something is using the com ports.

If you have software that runs automatically on statrtup for synchronizing a PDA or a modem for backup connection to the Internet, it will make the Stamp software report the com port is in use.

Check your Startup settings to see which programs are starting. You may have to temporarily shut them down.

Also, if you can do a test download with another computer, it will give confirmation that the Stamp is OK.

Cheers