Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Looking for a Toddler Robot Kit (Gold)? — Parallax Forums

Looking for a Toddler Robot Kit (Gold)?

Agent CobaltAgent Cobalt Posts: 88
edited 2005-12-14 17:15 in Robotics
If you want the gold version of the Toddler (Parallax no longer sells this color), I had come across this website (http://www.hvwtech.com/products_view.asp?CatID=113&SubCatID=145&SubSubCatID=0&ProductID=66)

The page shows that the status is that it's in stock, though it doesn't say how many. Just thought I'd let you guys know in case you want to get one.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Truth can be dangerous... Trust can be deadly.

Post Edited (Agent Cobalt) : 12/13/2005 7:54:16 AM GMT

Comments

• Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2005-12-13 15:42
    Word of warning, HVTech doesn't update thier site that often, and have a tendency to list products as being in stock long after they are not. I am not saying that this specifically is the case with the gold version of the toddler, but you should contact them via phone if you want to purchase it to be sure they really do still have it in stock.

This isn't a crack on them, many smaller companies dont expend the resources to keep stock numbers accurate on thier website, ie its a common practice, I had to contact 4 car stereo companies to find the xmas gift for my gf, all of them showed it in stock, only one actually did.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·1+1=10

Post Edited (Paul Baker) : 12/13/2005 3:46:32 PM GMT
  • HVWTechHVWTech Posts: 6
    edited 2005-12-13 20:13
    The HVWTech.com website is updated daily. The stock status indicator shows "stock" when we have at least 1 unit on hand. This is updated throughout the day but it is possible that an item gets sold out and someone else orders one before the status gets changed.

As for the Gold Toddler, we do have 2 units sitting on the shelf, ready for immediate delivery.

The system isn't perfect but it is pretty good. Mistakes certainly can happen and occasionally an item is overlooked. Generally speaking though, if it says "In Stock", IT IS !

HVW Tech.
  • Paul BakerPaul Baker Posts: 6,351
    edited 2005-12-13 21:19
    My appologies, I may have confused your comany with another acronym+Tech company, its great to see your presence in the forums. Ive seen old products availible on your website before and was a bit dubious as to if they are availible, now I know you really have them, thanks.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·1+1=10
  • HVWTechHVWTech Posts: 6
    edited 2005-12-14 17:15
    No apologies necessary ! What you say is (sadly) true in many cases. However, we find that most of the "online only" retailers in this market are pretty good in keeping their sites updated (they pretty much have to or they're out of business).

Of course, if you see something you think is an error, we'd certainly appreciate the feedback so we can check on it. There are over 400 products on our site and it's really hard keeping track of all of them all the time !

HVWTech