Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Getting Started - Again — Parallax Forums

Getting Started - Again

Chris DrzewieckiChris Drzewiecki Posts: 26
edited 2005-12-13 15:17 in BASIC Stamp
I bought a BOE kit many years ago w/ WAM.· Will I have any problems using the newer compiler and code?· The Board is Rev. A and the BS2 is Rev. E.

Thanks,

Chris

Comments

• Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2005-12-13 03:51
    No problem.

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.
  • Chris DrzewieckiChris Drzewiecki Posts: 26
    edited 2005-12-13 04:07
    Thanks!· What are the improvements in the revisions?
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-12-13 05:31
    The newer boards have servo header on them and Rev. C adds a 3 position power switch.· Otherwise they're much the same.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
    edited 2005-12-13 14:27
    Years ago I found info and code for controlling servos via an analog joystick input. I searched the forum for the info, but only found bits of info. Anyone know where I can find info? I should get the basics from WAM, and I was thinking about getting the Stampworks kit. I'm no stranger to programming. I've programmed in Basic from the old DOS days to Visual Basic, SPARC and x86 ASM, C, C++. So the only thing that I will need to refresh is my syntax and my electronic skills. DO you think Stampworks is the route to go? Is there another route I should take?

Thanks!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    -Chris
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-12-13 14:33
    I think StampWorks is a great way to go! tongue.gif· (I wrote it).

And we have lots of other great resources too.· You'll find lots of books from our Education group (in particular from my colleague Andy Lindsay) and the "Stamp Applications" columns from Nuts & Volts (almost 7 years worth) are available as PDFs on our site.·

http://www.parallax.com/dl/docs/books/sw/Web-sw-v2.0.pdf
    http://www.parallax.com/html_pages/products/books/books.asp
    http://www.parallax.com/html_pages/downloads/nvcolumns/Nuts_Volts_Downloads.asp

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2005-12-13 14:40
    You might download the latest version of PBasic's reference to go with your software. I imagine that would refresh quite a bit and bring you current about the fundamentals. It is V2.2.

You can use an older version of PBasic if that is more to your liking. V2.0 and V2.1 are still downloadable.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.' - Walter Lippmann (1889-1974)

······································································ Warm regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan
    edited 2005-12-13 15:17
    Thanks! I collected almost all the issues of Nuts & Volts from 2001 when they had the series of articles of building a BASIC robot out of a radio shack project box and peanut butter lids for wheels. That was another one of those projects that were put on hold back then. I figure if I can find the time to build an 8' tall amateur rocket, I can find time for Stamps. [noparse]:)[/noparse] Plus I can use what I learn down the road with the rockets.

Thanks!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    -Chris