Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Far East Resource for Sensors — Parallax Forums

Far East Resource for Sensors

Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
edited 2005-12-11 19:15 in BASIC Stamp
Folks -

It has always seemed a bit odd to me, that many Stampers in Far East Asia,·South East Asia, Indonesia, and similar·areas have noted such difficulty in finding electronics hobbiest materials, when it would appear that so many electronic items, which we often see every day,·often come from that reqion of the world. I'm still not sure whether it's the availability, price, or selection which is the real crux of the problem. Regardless, I happened across a very interesting web site named "Robot Store HK" which is·located in Hong Kong. I have NO AFFILIATION with this web site, and have never purchased anything from them. Here are the particulars from their "Contact Us" page:

- - -
ROBOT STORE (HK)
7th Floor, Fok Wa Mansion,
No.19 Kin Wah Street ,
North Point,
HONG KONG
Tel: (+852) 9752-0677 (24-Hour 7-Day a week voice Hotline)
Fax: (+852) 2887-2519 (24-Hour 7-Day a week fax Hotline)
Note: (852) is a country code of HONG KONG . You may need to add a prefix in front of (852) which depends on your phone service providers at your country. If you have difficulty to make long distance call, please contact your long distance call service providers.

Quotations and Questions: info@robotstoreHK.com.
Order: order@robotstoreHK.com
Technical Support: support@robotstoreHK.com
PayPal Payment Email: sales@robotstoreHK.com

The best prefered contact methodis by email as we can provide you more detailed information.

- - -

Here is the link to their web site: http://www.robotstorehk.com/index.html

I was especially and particularly IMPRESSED with the robust variety of robotic sensors they have to offer, many of which are IDENTICAL to those we find here in the the United States, and in Europe. Some of the prices seemed to be in line, and others SEEMED a bit higher than I might have expected them to be, although I didn't do any detailed comparison. Caveat emptor, as always, applies here as well!

I hope this is helpful to those of you who have·expressed such difficulties in sourcing electronics hobbiest materials, in the geographics areas noted.

Regards,

Bruce Bates