Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Bs2p and 555 timer — Parallax Forums

Bs2p and 555 timer

dakota77dakota77 Posts: 23
edited 2005-12-11 00:48 in BASIC Stamp
Hello,

I'm using basic stamp to do aerial photography.

I would like to write a little applet to switch a relay on every 2 seconds. (This relay drives a photo camera).

I will use Bs2p and 555 timer.
I'm new to Bstamp. So I'm searching for·a sample of interface between Bstamp and 555 timer (wiring diagram) and sample code.

Thanks for your help.
Mario

Comments

• PJAllenPJAllen Banned Posts: 5,065
    edited 2005-12-10 22:22
    What do you need a 555 for then?· What you need is a relay interface circuit.· The STAMP does a pretty good job of timing.· You could easily write a (sub)routine to have it PAUSE for 2 seconds and then do a PULSOUT and loop back (endlessly).· Your relay would be actuated from the PULSOUT pin.

·

I looked up "relay" using the Site's search and found this drawing:

attachment.php?attachmentid=39565

Post Edited (PJ Allen) : 12/10/2005 10:27:06 PM GMT
  • Robert KubichekRobert Kubichek Posts: 343
    edited 2005-12-10 22:22
    dakota77 said...
    Hello,

I'm using basic stamp to do aerial photography.

I would like to write a little applet to switch a relay on every 2 seconds. (This relay drives a photo camera).

I will use Bs2p and 555 timer.

I'm new to Bstamp. So I'm searching for a sample of interface between Bstamp and 555 timer (wiring diagram) and sample code.

Thanks for your help.

Mario

Aerial photography from what???

If you are in a big plane, all you need is the 555, and turn on the power via switch to activate.
    If a RC plane or rocket, you need some way to activate the 555 ( RF control, or altimiter ) to turn on the 555.
    A (P)rogramable (U)nijunction (T)ransistor (PUT) will also work in place of a 555 ic.
    Using a stamp will work, but would take up space, and weight if both are critical...

Bob N9LVU scool.gif
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-12-11 00:48
    The problem is that this is a new thread on the same subject as another.· This was all covered in the other thread, and now everyone's starting over with the same questions.· This was the original thread, which this should have remained in.

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=561786

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com