Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PINK - Reset line or WDT? — Parallax Forums

PINK - Reset line or WDT?

Jeff B.Jeff B. Posts: 8
edited 2005-12-10 21:46 in BASIC Stamp
Hi,

Does anyone know if one of the pins on the PINK module is a reset pin? There's not much hardware documentation on any other pins either at Parallax or Netburner. Or better yet, is there a way, or will there be a way for the Netburner to reset, with a Watch Dog Timer, etc. if it hangs?

I've only had one hang, and I think it is because I loaded on a page on that had JavaScript on it. I think that after a while, the JS code became to much for the PINK to serve. So, I took that code out and worked around the problem. But it would be nice to have a way to reset the board in software. Of course I could built a controllable Vdd for the PINK using a darlington or similar. But it seemed to me that the board probably already has a reset pin and that it would be better to use the reset than to pull the plug on the power. I'm sure I could go lookup the specs for the processors on the board and trace the pins to figure out which one is a reset, but I figured I would ask before going to that trouble.

Thanks in advance.
-Jeff