Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Slow stamp - help — Parallax Forums

Slow stamp - help

akossettakossett Posts: 2
edited 2005-12-08 18:53 in BASIC Stamp
I recently purchased a Board of Education and BS2px module. I haven't used it much yet, but in the past couple days when I've run programs, the stamp has been, as far as I can tell, running slowly. I've done some simple tests with switches, LEDs, and debug commands. What I've seen is this:

I've set the LEDs and debug commands to indicate the status of switches. I have programmed a pause of about 50 milliseconds between "cycles" (one cycle being debug display and an LED status refresh). However, both the debug terminal and the LED refresh only about once every three seconds.

I'm wondering, is this an indication that there is something wrong with the chip?
Thanks.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I also tried the same program on a Homework board that I have on loan from my college, and it worked as I programmed it.

Post Edited (akossett) : 12/8/2005 6:44:23 PM GMT

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-12-08 18:45
    Without seeing your code it would be very difficult to guess what is going on.· Please attach the code to your message as an attachment so we can examine it.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • akossettakossett Posts: 2
    edited 2005-12-08 18:53
    Funny thing: I just tried again and it worked. I have no idea what's going on, but it's working now. If I have any more problems I'll post again.

It probably was the code - maybe I inadvertently made some important changes between the boards.