Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS1 "SYMBOL" Command and Syntax — Parallax Forums

BS1 "SYMBOL" Command and Syntax

BorgelBorgel Posts: 23
edited 2005-12-02 17:14 in BASIC Stamp
I was digging through the "Basic Stamp Manual v.2.2" looking for some information on coding for the BS1, and I came accross something I can't identify. In all the sample BS1 source code, for variable declarations it uses the command "symbol."

"symbol" is not in the Basic Stamp Manule and I dont have any clue what the syntax is. Can somebody help?

Borgel

Comments

• Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2005-12-02 10:36
    Borgel -

The SYMBOL command is in both the PBASIC Stamp Manual and the Help File as well. You can find it in the section named "Memory Organization and Variables" in either location. All of the appropriate BS-2 commands involving variables and constants can be found there as well.

The syntax is:

BS-I SYMBOL name = registername
    BS-II name VAR vartype

Where name is the name by which you will refer to the variable, RegisterName is the "fixed" name for the register and VarType indicates the type (Bit, Nib, Byte, or Word) of storage for the variable. NOTE: The top example is for the BS1 and the bottom example is for BS2-series Stamps

Regards,

Bruce Bates
  • Steve JoblinSteve Joblin Posts: 784
    edited 2005-12-02 13:53
    Borgel - Your timing is impecible! i was just looking at the instructions for the inexpensive TWS-434 and RWS-434 RF system and wondered the same thing... I was looking last night and couldn't find a easy reference to it either. Bruce - thanks so much!
  • BorgelBorgel Posts: 23
    edited 2005-12-02 17:14
    Thanks for the clarification!

Ill go and dig it up in the manule.

Borgel