Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
wheels for a stepper motor — Parallax Forums

wheels for a stepper motor

beabea Posts: 9
edited 2005-12-08 15:38 in Robotics
I purchase some 12v 7.5step Mitsumi stepper motors from parallax and I have been trying to find some wheels that best fit this motor.· Does anybody have any suggestions in which wheels best fit this motor.

·

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2005-12-01 23:39
    I would measure diameter of·the output shaft and then perform a search on the web for hobby wheels and·see if you can make a match.·

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Tech Support
    dandreae@parallax.com
    Http://www.parallax.com

·
  • LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2005-12-08 15:38
    I just hot glued two plastic jar lids onto the existing gears.
    Epoxy may work better, but I was not sure it would be my final design.
    So far nothing has fallen off and if it does I can just hot glue it back in place.

What you do is. ...... ........
    You drill an accurate and right sized hole at the center of each lid to position the shaft while gluing.
    It really is quite quick and simple.

With either 5 minute epoxy or hot glue you can hold it perpendicular while it sets.

After you have the lids secure, you can use a motorcycle/motor scooter inner tube to make rubber bands for traction.

One inner tube is good for quite a few, so I use the rubber bands for a lot of things [noparse][[/noparse]like holding things in place while gluing and securing the covers to chassis boxes [noparse][[/noparse]without using the screws] when I am working on a project.
    Bicycle inner tubes can be handy too for a smaller size. They are get for insulation, dust cover, and securing long wires in bundles.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.' - Walter Lippmann (1889-1974)

······································································ Warm regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan