Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Listing of "Stamps In Class" Projects — Parallax Forums

Listing of "Stamps In Class" Projects

Steve JoblinSteve Joblin Posts: 784
edited 2005-11-30 17:08 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Andy Lindsay:

I really like the little "mini" projects that you post in this forum (A Tilt-Radio Controller for your BOE-Bot, Duty Cycle for More Reliable Accelerometer Measurements, etc.)

Do you have a listing somewhere of all of these projects?

Thanks!

Comments

• edited 2005-11-28 20:13
    Steve,

Thanks, I'm really glad you like them. Yeah, there are a number of fun and interesting activities and chapters that are not yet part of a Stamps in Class text. I'll put together an index and post it either today or tomorrow. It'll be highlighted light blue and will persists as the first topic on Parallax Forums > Public Forums > Stamps in Class.

Regards, Andy
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,386
    edited 2005-11-28 20:20
    Steve,

You busted·me and my marketing team·- this is one of our weaknesses and it also applies to work done by Jon Williams and our technical team. So much useful content is tucked into the forums and never made available in a clean format on our web site.

First, I'll answer your question. Much of Andy's work is available where the specific product pages are shown. For example, Andy has written documentation for the Ping))),·HM55B Compass Module, Memsic·2125 Accelerometer and·Parallax Serial LCD which are posted with the individual products. Scroll to the bottom of each page, such as with the Ping))) http://www.parallax.com/detail.asp?product_id=28015·and you will see his documentation. Therefore, it's "sprinkled" throughout our web site at the present moment. But the collection of examples I mentioned above will soon appear in a complete book (just after the end of the year). And there are documents he's posted on the forums which are not available for download on the web site.

We aim to clean up this aspect of our web organization soon.·Between the hiring of a new Marketing Manager and our Education / Support Manager we will develop far better ways of communicating the fine work of Andy and others early in 2006. Until then,·keep asking on the forums if you aren't finding what you're·looking for. Our goal is to market the free information/applications as much as the products our customers buy.

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.
  • Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2005-11-28 21:00
    Gents -

If a PDF version was available as an attachment, of what Andy has been posting, 90% of the present problems would be eliminated. Insofar as I'm aware, there isn't even any practical way of printing out one (or more) Stamp Forum messages locally. Without such a facility, the excellent work Andy has provided online is almost for naught, for some of us.

Just some thoughts on the subject and I'm glad a solution is forthcoming.

Regards,

Bruce Bates
  • Kenny GardnerKenny Gardner Posts: 169
    edited 2005-11-28 22:41

Insofar as I'm aware, there isn't even any practical way of printing out one (or more) Stamp Forum messages locally.

I copy the message text (including the inline pics) and paste·it into Word. You can then use Word to save as a "Single File Web Page" (Web Archive) or, if you have Acrobat, as a PDF.

Having a book of Andy's and Jon's uncategorized articles would be awesome!

Kenny

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    --

Kenny Gardner
    GAP Development Company
    http://www.gapdev.com/
    ·
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,386
    edited 2005-11-28 22:53
    Pretty soon we're going to have to trademark their names and take out business insurance on these two guys.

We're certainly in agreement about the PDF issue. No concerns there.

Ken Gracey
    Parallax, Inc.
  • edited 2005-11-30 00:51
    Here is the list.· This post will live here temporarily, and move to the top of the Stamps in Class Topics as soon as I figure out how to put a post there.· This list will graow as I find the missing strays or post new material, and collapse again when a given thread appears in a Stamps in Class book.· There are many many more chapters and activities similar to these at the Stamps in Class Downloads page (www.parallax.com -> Downloads -> Stamps in Class Tutorials).

Accelerometer

· How to - Accelerometer (1) Fundamentals and Tilt Measurement
    · How to - Accelerometer (2) Tilt, Display Graphics, and Video Games
    · Duty Cycle for More Reliable Accelerometer Measurements

Accelerometer + Boe-Bot

· Boe-Bot® Robot Navigation with Accelerometer Incline Sensing
    · A Tilt Radio Controller for Your Boe-Bot

QTI + Boe-Bot

· How to - Boe-Bot Line Following with QTI Sensors

Ping)))(TM) Ultrasonic Detector

· Detect Distance with the Ping)))(TM) Ultrasonic Detector

Parallax Serial LCD

· Getting Started with the Parallax Serial LCD

Circuits

· How to - Amplifying a Piezo Speaker and Volume Control

Algorithms

··PID Control Intro with the BASIC Stamp

Post Edited (Andy Lindsay (Parallax)) : 11/30/2005 12:56:08 AM GMT
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-11-30 00:54
    Most of my projects of late are SX/B related and are being migrated into the SX/B help file Project section. I just added Sony IR decoding, RFID input, a PlayStation app mod project -- and there will be even more before the next help file release.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams
    Applications Engineer, Parallax
  • Steve JoblinSteve Joblin Posts: 784
    edited 2005-11-30 16:45
    Andy, John:

Thanks so much! Much appreciated!!!!
  • Jon WilliamsJon Williams Posts: 6,491
    edited 2005-11-30 17:08
    You're welcome, Stehve.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jon Williams