Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Streaming video over the internet...is done how? — Parallax Forums

Streaming video over the internet...is done how?

denodeno Posts: 242
edited 2005-11-28 18:18 in Robotics
If one had high speed internet service, how would I get the video from my ROBO CHILD pictured at left, into the internet to be displayed to me at another high speed connection elsewhere?

Deno

Comments

• LoopyBytelooseLoopyByteloose Posts: 12,537
    edited 2005-11-27 16:54
    I suppose Bluetooth directly from the camera to a PC would be best.
    For software, one might use Java.

From what I understand, this is beyond the capacities of the BasicStamp or the SX-Ubicoms-too much RAM required to handle the movement of data at such high speed.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    "When all think alike, no one is thinking very much.' - Walter Lippmann (1889-1974)

······································································ Warm regards,····· G. Herzog [noparse][[/noparse]·黃鶴 ]·in Taiwan
  • kelvin jameskelvin james Posts: 531
    edited 2005-11-28 03:06
    One way ' might ' be to look at some X10 stuff, they some automation systems that puts wireless cam feeds to a pc. Then I think you could set up a remote connection to your pc from another location to access the X10 software.

kelvin
  • bulkheadbulkhead Posts: 405
    edited 2005-11-28 06:04
    I would use any wireless video camera (such as X10), connected to a computer (through USB adaptor or otherwise), and then AIM, YIM, or MSN, whichever allows for a "web cam" feature. There might be other "video conference" programs you can use, although the quality would probably be low.
  • Kevin WoodKevin Wood Posts: 1,266
    edited 2005-11-28 18:18
    MS NetMeeting does web conferencing, and can be downloaded for Windows at MS's website.