Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Solution Cubed mmc problem — Parallax Forums

Solution Cubed mmc problem

EugalazEugalaz Posts: 39
edited 2005-11-26 04:55 in BASIC Stamp
Hello people,
I have had a problem with the mmc rev4 that I hope you can help me with. I have tried all the code avaliable and cant seem to get both motors to work. The first bord I had was returned to S.Cubed as they told me it might be faulty. They sent me a new one however it still wont controll two motors, only one works. The fault light is not on and I have tried everything S.Cubed told me to do. Has anybody else experianced this problem?
Regards
Eugalaz

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-11-25 06:34
    Can you post the code you are using?· What BASIC Stamp Model are you using?· What are your connections?· How are you powering both devices?· How are you powering the motors?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • EugalazEugalaz Posts: 39
    edited 2005-11-25 08:07
    Thanks Chris,
    I am using a BS2 with a mmc carier board and mmc module. I am powering the motors with a 12V (7.2Ah) battery. The motors I purchased from Parallax and both are working when I change the connections over on the mmc carier board. Connection m1 works but m2 does not for some reason. The code that I was sent from Solutions Cubed to test the situation was;

' {$STAMP BS2}
    ' {$PBASIC 2.0}
    'Program constants
    BAUD CON 84 'Use BAUD = 84 for 9600BPS and BS2
    DAT1 VAR Word

'Motor Mind C communication lines
    TM CON 7 'TTL serial data from Motor Mind C
    FM CON 8 'TTL serial data to Motor Mind C

'Set BS2 i/o direction and level
    DIRS =%0000000100000000 'Set P8 as output all others inputs
    OUTS =%1111111111111111 'Set all outputs high
    PAUSE 1250 'Wait 1250ms for MMC to power up

SETDC:
    PAUSE 500
    SEROUT FM,BAUD,[noparse][[/noparse]$D0,$01,$04,$1,$0,$1,$0,$D7]
    SERIN TM,BAUD,150,NA_SDC1,[noparse][[/noparse]DAT1]
    IF DAT1 <> $6 THEN NA_SDC1
    GOTO SETDC
    NA_SDC1:
    DEBUG "SETDC ERROR",CR
    GOTO SETDC

END:

S.Cubed told me that the configuration (components used) is correct and should be working.
    I have also used the code avaliable on your and S.Cubed web site to no avail. Perhaps I am doing something fundamentally wrong that I am not seeing.

Regards
    Eugalaz
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2005-11-25 19:12
    You didn't say how you were powering the BASIC Stamp.· Also, where exactly (Which pins) do your motors plug into and which pins does your 12V supply plug into?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Tech Support
    csavage@parallax.com
  • EugalazEugalaz Posts: 39
    edited 2005-11-26 04:55
    Hi Chris & thanks again for your help,
    I'm not sure I understand your question. Could be that I am approaching this incorrectly. However I will try to explain it as I understand it...
    I am using the MMC Carrier Board (rev3) that accepts the MMC Module (rev4) and Basic Stamp2. Power is applied to the Carrier Board (through 2 screw connectors GND, VM) which in turn powers the Basic Stamp and MMC Module that both reside on it. Power is avaliable to the Stamp as the board has a LED that shows power to the Stamp and I am able to download my program to the Stamp via a serial connection which is also on the MMC Carrier Board. The motors are connected to the Carrier Board through 4 screw connectors present (M1+, M1-, M2+, M2-) on the Carrier Board. So they are not directly connected to the Stamp. I assumed pins 7&8 were being used by the Stamp to communicate to the MMC module which in turn controlled the motors? Or that's how I read the program from Solutions Cubed.
    The problem is that when I download the programs, only one motor responds. Even when I switch the motors over eg. the motor connected to M1 works but M2 does not respond.
    Also the Carrier Board has a series of DIP Switches that allows you to select 1 or 2 motors. I have selected the 2 motor option (I even tried the 1 motor option just in case).
    Regards
    Eugalaz