Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
PINK update problem — Parallax Forums

PINK update problem

Nikhil VoraNikhil Vora Posts: 7
edited 2005-11-27 06:18 in BASIC Stamp
Hello,

I have set up the PINK module with the BS2, it has an IP address assigned and access is available to the nb_factory web page.
But the variables on the module NBvar00, etc. are not getting updated when the stamp communicates with the PINK module.

I have set a baud rate of 2400 on the PINK settings page, and 396 in the stamp code.

I have used telnet to see if there is any communication, and it does show the traffic.

An oscilloscope on the RX and TX pins shows some activity when the stamp and PINK communicate too.

I am using code provided on the PArallax website, as well as others provided on the discussion forum.

But the code provided by Tracy Allen with the "timeout error" for SERIN, it always goes to "timeout error", i.e, nothing is being received from the PINK

I would appreciate any suggestions to figure out the problem as to why the variables on the PINK do not change.

-Nikhil

Comments

• Nikhil VoraNikhil Vora Posts: 7
    edited 2005-11-25 08:09
    I finally got the PINK module to work, I am not to sure·what the problem was because·I kept trying many things like changing the stamp pins, changing connection wires, changing baud rate. But eventually, the·only change I·really made·was·a change of the connection wires. I guess the other ones were·faulty.

-Nikhil Vora·
  • Philip GamblinPhilip Gamblin Posts: 202
    edited 2005-11-27 06:18
    When breadboarding ( especially ) and prototyping in general, wire connections an be intermittent or flat out defective.· Circuit mechanical stability can also be a problem. Once you have verified wiring to the schematic, a pin to pin check with an ohmmeter can sniff out bad connections.