Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Ds1302 rtc — Parallax Forums

Ds1302 rtc

edited 2005-11-23 22:08 in BASIC Stamp
I am simply a smoke releaser and have little understanding as to how to keep the smoke within the wiring...

Having said that, I am confused as to how to get the chip to send me times. I have followed the programs from the website and did some reading of the manufacturers info, but so far the time is always 00:00:00 00/00/0000.

Any help?

Thanks!

EDIT: Upon reflection, I have just found that the chip is not capable of micro second timing (somehitng that I need). Is there a way that I can link a pin with PWN and pin with COUNT to give an indication if the passage of time. Each count is xxx microseconds?

Freeing smoke from wire and IC captivity since 1972

Post Edited (Smoke Liberation Front) : 11/23/2005 6:25:47 PM GMT

Comments

• allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2005-11-23 18:32
    See the earlier post on the SMt simple multi-tasking co-processor: http://www.rhombus-tek.com/co-processors.html

The BS2 does an instruction in around 300 uSecs -- so you can see that getting a measurement to 1 uSec is not going to be very useful with the BS2. Getting a time accurate to 10 mSec is possible, though.

And you can't run PWM and COUNT together, because the BS2 won't PWM while it's in COUNT, and vice-versa.
  • NewzedNewzed Posts: 2,503
    edited 2005-11-23 18:33
    First of all, e need your code.· We also need a schematic of the 1302 hookup or an explanation of where each pin on the 1302 goes.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Sid Weaver
    Do you have a Stamp Tester yet?
    http://hometown.aol.com/newzed/index.html

·
  • edited 2005-11-23 22:08
    Sorry... I need millisecond... not microsecond..

Thanks, Allan, I'll look at the link ASAP.

Sid, the DS1302 is the RTC on the Parallax website under IC's. I amnot sure how big it will be as an attachment, but will see if it will fit and attach if I can. I don'thave code other than the example code given on the Parallaxwebsite.

I'm trying, but remember "smoke liberator", not smoke innovator. [noparse]:)[/noparse]

But I do have a Master's in ME. [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Freeing smoke from wire and IC captivity since 1972
    <!-- Edit -->